• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-31-07 Exit 38 night run

mud1059 said:
There's a HUGE punishment for having machinery close to running water. I could be crazy but I think it's up to $10,000 fine and a year in jail. WA doesn't fawk around with resources like they used to.

If I recall correctly, I believe matt was the one who said "I can get over it no problem"...

Oh and also, if this HUGE punishment for having machinery close to running water is such an issue, then why at Reiter when we go on trail runs is it OK to cross the stream on the trails???

SpazMoid said:
If I recall correctly, I believe matt was the one who said "I can get over it no problem"...

Oh and also, if this HUGE punishment for having machinery close to running water is such an issue, then why at Reiter when we go on trail runs is it OK to cross the stream on the trails???

Is it OK? Just because it's there, does it mean that's fine? How do you know it is? This is hypothetical...

Don't lay blame on anyone else, be responsible for yourself. I'd also make for damn certain that any questionable areas you're in aren't involving the display of club insignia... One complaint and our Chapterhood can be revoked in a New York minute. All it takes is a misrepresentation and a vote from the National BOD can nuke us.

ECKSJAY said:
Is it OK? Just because it's there, does it mean that's fine? How do you know it is? This is hypothetical...

Don't lay blame on anyone else, be responsible for yourself. I'd also make for damn certain that any questionable areas you're in aren't involving the display of club insignia... One complaint and our Chapterhood can be revoked in a New York minute. All it takes is a misrepresentation and a vote from the National BOD can nuke us.

Spazboy already admitted that the road was closed...

SpazMoid said:
And well, I don't think it would have been too much of an issue had we made it to the river, we were about 25ft from it, but normally there is a caldron that goes under the road, and well NOPE the road was "technically closed" because the river had washed out the road, but will those of us with lifts, i'm sure we could have gotten across fine.

His junk may not have had any NAXJA insignia on it, but others in the area sure did. Just food for thought.

mtnxj said:
Spazboy already admitted that the road was closed...

His junk may not have had any NAXJA insignia on it, but others in the area sure did. Just food for thought.

These were general statements on my part. ;) Thanks for policing me. :wave1:

SpazMoid said:
What are you talking about? I never even saw the creek or stream or whatever you're referring to...I was busy getting you unstuck. ;)

For the record, I didn't witness any offroading that was harmful to the 'trail'...the road in question is highly traveled (when there's no snow) and not in a "sensitive" area. I'm not worried about the legality of being on the road, from everything I saw it was perfectly legal.

Phil, the place he's referring to at Reiter is the creek crossing on the Lake Isabelle trail, so I assume it is legal (hell, you and I've gone through there a couple times).

All this being said, there were some pics displayed that were kinda questionable. It's called discretion, Spaz and Joe...try and grow some. ;)

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Phil, the place he's referring to at Reiter is the creek crossing on the Lake Isabelle trail, so I assume it is legal (hell, you and I've gone through there a couple times).

-----Matt-----

I know exactly where he's talking about on Isabel... :D:D:D

ECKSJAY said:

This is the proverbial 'bridge' that 'everyone else' jumps off of. ;) From what I understand it's OK because it is an existing crossing at an actual park...you just can't at other places. I know of other clubs who built trails and HAD TO build bridges over the creeks in the area. Would be interesting to find out exactly what the situation is at Reiter...

ECKSJAY said:
These were general statements on my part. ;) Thanks for policing me. :wave1:

Not trying to police you or anyone else on here, just throwing a general statement out there on my part. While I don't necassarily agree with everthing in the post(s) on this "night run/fiasco fest", it does make for entertaining reading.

We did nothing wrong.

We stayed on the trail, and didn't even make it to the river crossing. Normally the river corssing is no problem, but the river had washed out the road, hence why the road was closed.

The road closed sign was 2miles down and said "Road closed in 2 miles" We were probably 30feet from the closed section.

That picture of me stuck, was ON THE ROAD, it was a side trail further down. So no issue. I don't need discresion, and I do realize the whole "watch out of the club issue"

SpazMoid said:
We did nothing wrong.

We stayed on the trail, and didn't even make it to the river crossing. Normally the river corssing is no problem, but the river had washed out the road, hence why the road was closed.

The road closed sign was 2miles down and said "Road closed in 2 miles" We were probably 30feet from the closed section.

That picture of me stuck, was ON THE ROAD, it was a side trail further down. So no issue. I don't need discresion, and I do realize the whole "watch out of the club issue"

My only comment was asking about the real 'steep' part of the road you guys were on. I was thinking it was impassable because you couldn't get over it.

ECKSJAY said:
My only comment was asking about the real 'steep' part of the road you guys were on. I was thinking it was impassable because you couldn't get over it.

The steep part is about a mile past where the river was washed out. Basically it is a sharp right turn that heads up the mountain. This is where all the honda's stop being dumped, as non without a good 4x4 can surpass it. It's full of huge boulders and is at a good 40degree maybe angle, it's maybe about 50yds long too. I was able to do it in the summer with 30" tires and a 3" lift, but I think in the snow it might be a bit harder.

I'd love to be able to make it though to attempt it, but if it means crossing a washed out river that makes the road technically closed, then i don't want to Mis represent the club in any way

SpazMoid said:
This is where all the honda's stop being dumped, as none without a good 4x4 can surpass it.... but I think in the snow it might be a bit harder.
IMG_0699.jpg

I'd love to be able to make it though...
oooh man I'm dyin over here... :D I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Now with the legality of crossing a river, the catchall is destroying or damaging a salmon bed. (There or down river, like I said it's a catchall) The one I was thinking of is $1000 fine and up to 90 days in jail as a gross misdemeaner and is typically reserved for construction without proper permits. It's under "hydraulics violation." I found it on google with the WDFW.

Back