• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2DIN deck install in a 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be up for it as well. :)

Same here, depending on a) price and b) if I can find another fake woodgrain bezel.

This would definitely be an in-the-future thing, though - right now there's enough money that needs to be dumped into the XJ that a 2-DIN satnav system is low on the priority list.

So Im picking up a new xj monday, might be time for one of these.

Im looking at this pioneer dvd receiver, http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130AVHP420/Pioneer-AVH-P4200DVD.html?c=3&tp=20217, one of these 2 din adapted bezels should work correct? They are all the same size if I understand correctly.

Do these mount to the sub frame behind the dash trim or is the metal basket only mounted to the trim piece? I cant tell from the pictures.

Thanks, MG

hmmm
2DIN-installed01.jpg

Looks great man..

How'd the install go everything make sense once you got behind there?

Looks great man..

How'd the install go everything make sense once you got behind there?
Ya it was pretty easy to figure out what needed to be done when I physically tried to fit the receiver in there. The install went pretty well, all wiring was harder then actually fitting the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back