• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

275 60 15's will they fit....

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have been in the offroad world for a few years, now I building something more pratical. I'm taking the 3 inch lift out of jeep in favor of stock coils leafs and shocks.

I have a set of 15 by 8 black steel wheels I plan on using with 275 60 15 bfg radial ta's.

My question is would they fit without rubbing because I know these are wide tires.

On my 96 2wd w/ 255/60/15s on the 15x7s, 5.25" backspace(even though they measure 8"inside lip to inside lip), The fronts clear the control arms by 1.5" at full lock and the rears clear the leaf spring by 1 1/8". Today I ordered 2 bfgs from tirerack(Yokohama doesn't make that size anymore:()
The 255/60/15's are 10.2" wide and the 275/60/15's are 11" wide. It's gonna come down to the backspace on your wheels.

275 60R15 would be 28"x10.8". Stock 225 75R15 would be 28.3" x 8.9". The 255 60R15's mentioned in post #3 would be 27"x10". 235 75R15, which are often put on to replace stock tires are 28.9" x 9.3".

So what you have are wider yet smaller diameter than the largest tires out of the factory. I assume that they would fit, although I didn't do the math to see if being that much wider would counteract being that much shorter. Any rubbing would depend on the offset of the rims.

I personally would not use a short fat tire, but I am told that the entire world is not exactly like the trails in IL. :) Edit: And I also just realized what forum this is on. oops.

Last edited:
I believe my 15 by 8 rims have 4.5 inch backspacing. I do know I was using these rims with 33 1250 mt's and they would only come to the edge of the factory fender flare.

It was b/t the BFGs, Coopers, or Good Year Eagles(I don't like any of them, so I went with the cheapest). If you didn't have issues with a taller 12.5" tire than you're probably not gonna have issues with a shorter 11" tire.

I did find that there are GoodYear Eagle GT2's and Firestone Indy 500's in the size I want and can handle up to 44psi of presure, where the Radial T/A's can only take 35-36psi and I would like to have a little reserve in that area just incase I do something stupid. My Sister's Brairwood had 225/70/R15 Eagle GT2's on it when she bought it and she put almost 50k on them, but I never drove the truck in the snow, only a little in the rain, and I don't want to ask her right now since she's sick and been sleeping all day:puke:

I have a set of 275 60 15's on my 2wd Street MJ on 15x10 4" BS wheels and the front is droped about 1.5" and I had to clearence the flares a little bit but not much and the rears dont rub at all. here's a couple pictures

003-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Back