• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Front end Dives when braking

Get the upper mounted in the right place. My RE drop brackets work great.

standard.jpg

Yeah after getting a day off got some pictures....the PO mounted the uppers in the factory location and the lowers in the bracket....

Will put the uppers at the correct length and move them to the bracket and see how that goes.....

bc9354163bd750a003033a83b78a7a28.jpg

832eb18ed5f782751c2948c1b0237611.jpg

Stock track bar ? Front axle centered ? Have extended sway bar links ? The clunking might be the coil springs rubbing as the suspension compresses under braking. Possibly the track bar bracket or the sway bar, see the wear in the coil silver finish ?

Last edited:
Stock track bar ? Front axle centered ? Have extended sway bar links ? The clunking might be the coil springs rubbing as the suspension compresses under braking. Possibly the track bar bracket or the sway bar, see the wear in the coil silver finish ?

Front axle is centered, has extended swaybar links.....however he used WJ links as he said after he put the drop bracket on the swaybar links were rubbing the springs.....once i get it back from the shop getting the control arm issue fixed will see if theres any more front end issues.....i do have the swaybar links that cane with the re kit.....once the drop bracket is off im thinking it wont have the issues it was having.....

All cured!!! Removed the drop bracket...(for sale now) and had to shorten the upper control arms (were 2" longer than needed) and installed adj lower control arms....

Baby rides as it should!

add teh drop brackets back in (correctly) and it will ride even better :)

All cured!!! Removed the drop bracket...(for sale now) and had to shorten the upper control arms (were 2" longer than needed) and installed adj lower control arms....

Baby rides as it should!

You know that saying 'takes one step forwards, two steps back'? That's what you just did. If you had just moved the uppers to the proper area, your jeep would be riding much smoother than what you're thinking is 'smooth' now.

You know that saying 'takes one step forwards, two steps back'? That's what you just did. If you had just moved the uppers to the proper area, your jeep would be riding much smoother than what you're thinking is 'smooth' now.

In keeping with what the manufacture calls for....I elected to not do that as I only have 3.5" of lift...not the 4.5" at a minimum called for by rough country....and since I will not go any higher this is good with me.....

thanks for those helping in solving this!! Always a great source of information this interwebz thing :lecture:

Back