• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ For Sale - Pic.

saki669

NAXJA Forum User
Plans to convert this to a 4x4 were interrupted by my fathers passing last week. I will be busy with family matters for some time and need to see this XJ off to a new home. Heres the story:

I bought this used from a dealer in San Diego in 2006 with about 50k on the ticker. I drove it for a while and then sold it to my brother. He put 100k on it commuting from Monrovia to Santa Monica daily. I told him when he was ready to sell it I wanted it back for a project vehicle.
It came back as expected, leaking fluids from everywhere. I spent a few weeks finding the leaks and repairing them (pinhole in power steering hose, replaced), rear diff, oil pan gasket.

I was unsuccessful with the rear main seal leak. I can't tell if the oil pan gasket is leaking or the rear seal itself is still leaking. Everything else is tip top. The following parts were changed in the last year or two:
1. Radiator (done in a shop)
2. Starter (done himself)
3. AC compressor (done in a shop)
4. Brand new Autozone Gold battery (I installed)
Cool story:
My brothers wife isn't the best driver; she backed the XJ into their apartment parking stall that has storage over the hood of the vehicle causing damage to the rear hatch. I happened to have a new (yellow) rear hatch from my rolled XJ so we installed that on the XJ. He drove it for about 6 months with a yellow hatch on it and then....
His wife left the keys in the XJ one night and some hoodlums took it for a ride to El Monte. They stole his Ipod and some CD's and left the XJ parked on the street where the police recovered it.
My brother was able to get the insurance to pay for a complete paintjob (yellow hatch included) as part of the theft claim.
So the paint is immaculate. Besides the oil leak it runs like a top.
Feel free to take it for a spin or to a mechanic for a checkup.
Specs:
2000 XJ "Freedom Edition" 2wd
171k miles (Lots of freeway)
Interior is immaculate. Drivers seat has some cracks on the pleather.

Come take it away. $2,750. Please no offers to trade or haggle. Title is in hand. I will provide a smog check. I'm in the La Verne area.
PM me with questions.
My fathers funeral is on Wednesday so please be patient with answers to questions.
Thanks - Kirk

silver_xj.jpg

My condolences to you and your family. I'd love to get that XJ, dunno if the boss will allow it though......still gonna ask her anyways.lol

Update: XJ actually has 167K miles. I was mistaken for another vehicle I'm dealing with right now.

I got a quote of $350 today to do the rear main seal at a trustworthy shop. I would be willing to let the XJ go for $2,500 so someone can get the oil leak fixed with the rest of the cash.

-Kirk

Sorry to hear. GLWS

Jeep is back from the shop. The rear main seal is fixed and there are no more leaks!

I'll be putting it up on Autotrader tomorrow if there is no interest with you guys.

I'm interested. What equipment? Is it white or silver, hard to tell in the pic?

661-679-7957

Back