• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - Daily Driver/Expedition Build

Re: 2000 XJ - Kaboom!

Sprayed on bed armor.

IMG_2031_zps213e7ca6.jpg

IMG_2032_zpsf7625e0d.jpg

IMG_2033_zps65186f3a.jpg

IMG_2037_zps732ea121.jpg

LED lights bought from Snajo. Best money I've spent in awhile... super bright! Easy install too.

IMG_2045_zps5ca8166f.jpg

IMG_2046_zpse0f3cede.jpg

A couple of questions about your led lights if you don't mind. I have a 96 country with the overhead console with 4 map lights. Im trying to find led replacements for all of the interior bulbs for all of the obvious reasons ie, power consumption and cut down one excess heat. So far Ive only been able to find the Sylvania led OEM replacement bulb #168/194/2825. In my model it fits the courtesy on the front foot floor boards. The back lighting for both the auto AND 4wd sticks, glove box, the turn signal indicators and oddly enough one the outside the front side blinkers. At $10 each for a quality plug and play OEM type replacement part, its perfect for me. What kind of LEDs are your running? What kind of products does "Snago" offer?
Thanks in advance!

Stereo install.
Kenwood head unit. I'm usually loyal to Alpine but the radio reception has been horrible on my last few units so I tried this Kenwood. I love it.. very happy. I like the fact I can tune in the color to match the factory green. Great sound, remote, etc. Crutchfield rocks for their headunits. Free install gear and shipping.

RP amp and 10" sub. Hard to go wrong with Rockford. Not shown but the bass boost control is mounted inside my console. Good thing, the led is blinding.

Supthump.com speaker box... thumbs up there - made life a lot easier. It was around $120 and that was well worth it to me.

IMG_2002_zps71ae7fe4.jpg

IMG_2027_zps5f738309.jpg

IMG_2028_zps58a57559.jpg

IMG_2030_zps2f8b793c.jpg

IMG_2048_zpsb3b2a265.jpg

IMG_2063_zpsb5fa2fd9.jpg

I love the sub set up, i had something simular on my last jeep and loved it, mine wasn't as clean as yours haha, but I liked that it doesn't take up any cargo space. Defiantly want to do it again. Did you buy the box or build it?

I ordered and got it shipped pretty quick. Just a warning.. I never got a tracking number or response when I emailed him a couple times. I came home and there it was. Just FYI. The box is made really nice. I figure why take the whole day to source the materials and spend the labor. The price was very fair.

Installing a B&M Trans cooler
70264 - 14,400 BTU cooling

The great thing about his unit is that is comes with everything you'll need, except the extra hose. I had 3-4ft lying around the shop so that was no big deal.

IMG_20742_zps6ad73d06.jpg

It comes with 4 of these. I only used 2. Bend them as shown.
IMG_20752_zps399b6a30.jpg

They'll mount to the header brace. Undo the bolt, push down the clip and slide the bracket in between. Screw it in. Do this on both sides. The holes line up perfectly with the vertical brackets! I did use shorter bolts and lock nuts to attach the brackets to the cooler.
IMG_20722_zpsfd1e982b.jpg

Route the upper hose using a clip attached using the same method
IMG_20782_zpsf2d664d0.jpg

Cooler mounted and hoses routed. I choose this spot so the cooler was in front of the mechanical fan. Plus the mounting lined up perfectly with the existing factory bracket bolts.
IMG_20772_zps5c7957cb.jpg

Mine is a 2000. The return line is the one of top for me. I hear this is different for 99's and earlier. So instead coming out of the radiator going back to the trans, you'll route it to the cooler. The pic shown is the fitting going to the cooler.
IMG_20802_zps6cafbcd4.jpg

And then take the other line coming from the cooler and put it into the factory line going back to the rear of the trans. I bent the factory one, used the supplied fittings and a little thread tape. Attached the hose.
IMG_20792_zps9ec1470a.jpg

Success = No leaks!!!

I can not verify the trans temp now, but people say it runs anywhere from 100-150º based on the weather. This will help keep the trans alive on the trails and during towing.

Yes the B&M cooler is more. I paid $60 on amazon, but others did not even list their BTU's. I think that says something. Also it was cool seeing the hose clamps stamped "Made in USA".

Sharp looking Jeep! I have the same cooler on mine and it works well so far.

Did some more work yesterday... replaced the original track bar, drag link and tie rod with an Rubicon Express track bar and ZJ V8 tie rod.

Since I didn't want to drill out my factory bracket, I got a TRE for the RE track bar and ended up not using the heim joint. You can see how they compare along with the Napa part number here. 1" of threads is marked, there is plenty of room for adjustment.
IMG_20812_zps4a8b6db5.jpg

I have the RE heim and hardware for sale is anyone wants it.. $25 shipped?

Here's the new track bar installed.
IMG_20822_zps99d65092.jpg

Here's the factor tie rod compared to the V8 ZJ one. Much better
IMG_20832_zps41b6c23a.jpg

All done... geometry looks good... drives better.
IMG_20842_zps1849df11.jpg

Also painted the side trim. I used Duplicolor dark charcoal bumper paint.
IMG_20862_zpsb6127361.jpg

lookin good. Can't go wrong with long arms. After installing mine I choose to drive the Jeep over my 08 Mazda3. The ride is oodles better once you get rid of those short arms, and I only have like 4" of lift.

I really Like those wheels btw.

How does the system sound with the 10" side box?

I've been resisting one because my sub requires .6 cubic feet, the side box only has .3 cubic feet. I don't know how much of an impact this will have in actuality. The extra cargo space may be worth the loss of sound.

lookin good. Can't go wrong with long arms. After installing mine I choose to drive the Jeep over my 08 Mazda3. The ride is oodles better once you get rid of those short arms, and I only have like 4" of lift.

I really Like those wheels btw.

I hear nothing but good things about long arms... my goal is get them done this year, but I am still planning and researching other aspects of my suspension.

I heard decent things about the RC kit too... I would use different arms and/or joints though... but their setup looks ok, I think.

How does the system sound with the 10" side box?

I've been resisting one because my sub requires .6 cubic feet, the side box only has .3 cubic feet. I don't know how much of an impact this will have in actuality. The extra cargo space may be worth the loss of sound.

I love the sound... its gets very loud and hits hard. I didn't want to loose cargo space either so I went with that box... I'm satisfied with the outcome.. although I do need better roof speakers.

You said you replaced the drag link also. Was that because the axle end was worn or because it is an improvement over stock?

Also, since you did the swap with the tires on the ground, did you need an alignment?

Back