• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 limited specs?

Semper Fi said:
I have a 2001 Limited that has cloth seats and no heaters, the 8.25 rear, high pinion D30, does not have the full time 4x4 option in the T-case, does not have a crome front grill or lip above the plate in the rear, and does not have the computer in the roof either. It is basically a sport with limited badging. And yes I did the vin search and the build sheet and it is correct. It started life as a rental but was wrecked at 4000 miles. I know the guy that rebuilt it and he put it back to the way it was when he got it.
Ummm, I call BS on the high pinion D30 on your 2001.
As for the chrome, read my post again-only the 2000 Limiteds came with chrome and your is two thousand and one so no chrome for you.
Overhead console was optional. T-case was again optional on 2001 but on a 2000, it was a 242 only on the Limited.

Dassc612 said:
...NP231 instead of NP242, donut instead of full-size spare, no chrome pieces, and even no tinted glass. I also came across several variations of NP242 and leather but no chrome
All 242 t-cases came with a full sized spare.
AGAIN, CHROME WAS 2000 LIMITED ONLY NOT ON OTHER YEAR LIMITEDS!!!
Chrome grill came on 2000 Freedom Edition XJs but they all had the black rear plate brow.

klennop said:
I have seen limiteds with the 231 transfer case when I was looking for them. That caught me off guard because I also thought they all came with the 242.

As for seats I have seen them with cloth, leather with no heat, and leather heated.

I think the chrome trim and grill is an option even though most sites say it came on the limited models. I have seen way more limiteds without the chrome than with it, including mine.

I think truthfully you could get a limited with almost nothing on it if you really wanted to or you could get it loaded up with everything you wanted.
AARRRRRGGHHHH!!

2001 HIT AND MISS ON JUST ABOUT ALL OPTIONS.

CHROME STANDARD ON ALL 2000 LIMITEDS.

Doesn't this thread make you want to beat your head on the keyboard?

argh5ew.gif

JEEPZZ said:
AARRRRRGGHHHH!!

2001 HIT AND MISS ON JUST ABOUT ALL OPTIONS.

CHROME STANDARD ON ALL 2000 LIMITEDS.

Pirate talk is cool!!! :scottm:

OK

OK

All I was listing were the options I had seen in the limited's when I was looking for one. I was looking for 00 and 01's so all that would make sense. I am actually glad someone cleared this up because I was wondering the same thing about options on the limited models. I don't consider my 01 is a fake limited since I have 242, and heated leather. I don't have the chrome grill and trim piece in back but I like mine without is any ways. The factory was probably clearing out overstock stuff in 01 so they were putting anything in the limited models.

klennop said:
Pirate talk is cool!!! :scottm:

OK

OK
LOL no pirate talk here, I didn't curse or swear once. :D

Just trying to keep the facts straight. You should see me stack of XJ brochures, books, dealership only training manuals-CD/DVD ROMS listing all available options, items, trim levels & accessories per year, FSMs & parts number catalogs for both domestic and export market items including right hand drive models.

klennop said:
I don't consider my 01 is a fake limited since I have 242, and heated leather. I don't have the chrome grill and trim piece in back but I like mine without is any ways. The factory was probably clearing out overstock stuff in 01 so they were putting anything in the limited models.

Even if you didn't have the 242 I wouldn't call yours a fake limited. It's really the absence of the nicest interior available that discredits them.

I have a fake 01 limited, no overhead consol, no leather interior, no fog lamps. and its has a 231 t-case.
My guess is since it was the last year, it got what ever was left at the assembly line.

2kLimited said:
so do i have a fake or a real one lol?

242,chrome,heated driver and pass. leather, dual power seats,cd,overhead comp.,full spare w/matching rim
I'll take it. SOLD! :D

OK so my finger and brain were not thinking alike, it's a LP30 not a HP30, and as far as a "Fake Limited" or not. I know when I run the vin # it says it's a Limited. I really don't care if it's a limited or not. I KNOW it's an XJ and I love it. I just bought a ZJ Limited and I would rather drive my lifted XJ any day of the week!!!

2kLimited,

If you still want to know what options you have get me last 8 of your VIN and approximate miles and I'll get you that info and much more.

91 Jeep Project said:
Even if you didn't have the 242 I wouldn't call yours a fake limited. It's really the absence of the nicest interior available that discredits them.

So are you saying that the nicest interior available isn't the heated leather because that is what my 01 limited has?

Here's how you find out what you've got: go here. Fill out the form. Wait 24-48 hours for a reply (though it's usually faster than that), and you'll know what the spec of your XJ was when it left the factory. As long as a previous owner didn't screw with it, this should answer your questions.

casm said:
As long as a previous owner didn't screw with it, this should answer your questions.
:D Mine would be one of those.

On a separate note, I personally know of 3 2000 Limiteds that no longer have the chrome pieces that they came with. I traded my black pieces on one and purchased the chrome from another. I sure there's dozens more out there that have done the same and when they decide to sell, I'm sure the new owner will say "my 2K didn't come with chrome". :viking:

My 97 Sport now has exterior Limited painted trim w/2K chrome & plate brow, heated leather w/complete "real" Limited interior and Renegade badging. When I sell this thing, someones gonna be really confused.

2kLimited said:
now I have to figure out how to get my heated seats working!!!!:flamemad:
Search the topic. I've posted some good info on the heated seat repair topic. One of mine quit working a few years back but I got it fixed and it's been great since.

I have a 2000 xj "freedom"- chrome everything, 242, fullsize spare with matching wheel, tints, 8.25... no leather no hot seats no overhead thingy and no tow package which sucks! appearently there was only around 2000 made in 2k, according from the research

Back