• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 jeep xj 5-speed build

I have really been slacking on the jeep with the weather being this nice all i have been doing is fishing in my spare time, but last sunday i gave the jeep some love and swapped in the 8.8 and 2 week ago i installed the fender flare.

949A277C-C85D-424B-8247-BBE86E6C5EB6_zpspgrszfqy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

also bought some hella e codes. will be swapping the 44 in on sunday and replacing the motor mounts. but dose anyone have a font drive shaft for a Manuel was using one form a auto but it was fully collapsed and i read that this could mess up the gears and the t-case. other than that the jeep runs a drives grate.

thanks
john

so last Sunday I replaced the moter mounts with brown dog mounts and the ride is so much better.
Hers the old mounts
487F11A7-985E-4257-86AB-47FBECE98CDB_zps77jtnpua.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Still need to Upgrade the steering and replace the water pump and radiator. Also I was fed up with not having a front drive shaft I just order a new form Tom woods that should be here next week. Just trying to see if I can get her ready in time for Nacfest so I'll keep you guys posted

Thanks John

my brothers friend took this and thought it look really cool

4EF34A9A-E150-42C7-88CC-E460F91FF127_zpsw9v00fgu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

also any thoughts on rebuilding the t-case with a wide chain and 6 Pinion Planetary Gear form jb conversion.

thanks john

so the other day my bother and i and Mpeckham22 and 2 other people went out for some wheeling and let me tell you it was great to see how the jeep handled the rocks. but also it really helped me pinpoint some of her weaknesses. first off steering was a big issue so for the time being im doing the v8 zj steering just to get me by and then some point do the wj knuckle swap. also really need to reinforce the unibody and long arms and maybe throw in a locker in the rear when i can afford it.

C30907E1-4ED7-44F6-B121-D66638255075_zpseq9c9xjs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ya i know i haven't posted in a while but thought i would share this with you guys.

4F1246C9-64AC-430F-AFE6-EA4CEC896607_zps7yxah8qp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Old style jcr front winch bumper picked it up of craigslist for $400. also pulled the trigger on then tnt long arm kit and the ruffstuff frame stiffeners. so looks like i need a welder now should i go with a 220v or 110.

thanks john

Depends on what you have available for power, and how much you're looking to spend. You could do 90% plus of the projects on a Jeep with a quality 110V MIG, and it's much easier to find a place to plug it in. Having a 220V machine is nice, but you'll rarely NEED it. I have a Hobart Handler 185 I got from tractor supply that I like. I would have almost preferred I bought a big Miller 110V machine, if only for the better adjustability, but I don't have any complaints about the Hobart. I think it's the Miller 211 that can be used as either 110 or 220V, but that's a $1200 if I remember correctly. My vote goes to a used Miller 110V unit, in fact squashman might actually be willing to sell his.

Back