• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT WEIRD PROBLEM

your_auto_tech

NAXJA Forum User
OK HERE WE GO, I GOT A 2000 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT 4.0. THIS TRUCK WILL START AND IDLE , WITH A MISS. IF YOU REV THE ENGINE IT HAS A LEAN BACKFIRE, HARSH MISS AND DIES. IT HAS ALL 3 COIL CODES AND A CAM/CRANK SIGNAL CODE. SO I REPLACED THE PLUGS, COIL PACK, CAM AND CRANK SENSOR TO NO AVAIL. FUEL PRESSURE STAYS GREAT AND HOLDS GOOD EVEN AFTER THE TRUCK DIES, SO I INSTALLED A PCM AND STILL DOES THE SAME HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS OR HAVE ANY IDEAS

5 things:

1. The caps are difficult to read.

2. Any auto tech that is MINE needs to be able to problem solve all of the little subtleties that I might, by chance, encounter on any given day.

3. Welcome to NAXJA

4. I'm so sorry I can't be of ANY assistance, perhaps someone else will be able to help. Let this stew a bit.

5. Good day, sir.

riverfever said:
1. The caps are difficult to read.

Additional valuable information on how to solve this problem can be found here.

Last edited:
SO I REPLACED THE PLUGS, COIL PACK, CAM AND CRANK SENSOR TO NO AVAIL. FUEL PRESSURE STAYS GREAT AND HOLDS GOOD EVEN AFTER THE TRUCK DIES, SO I INSTALLED A PCM AND

Someone owes you a Real nice christmas card.
So what codes do you have now?

:lecture:

:thumbup:

I have access to a snapon scanner and it said the cam and crank were in sync but guess what. After futher checking the cam and crank where out of sync by 2.5 degress. I nor any of my jeep guys knew this. So i reajusted the cam sensor and it fixed the problem.

Back