• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 D30's

mudslinger4x4

NAXJA Forum User
i have 2 dana 30's. gears good in both of them. one is fully assembled ready to go. the other one is only good for the shafts and gears. asking $140 for both.

What gears in the good one?

How rusty are they? What kind of shape are the LCA brackets on the good one in? Any idea what years they came out of / what size U-joints the shafts take?

If it's in good enough shape, I'll probably drive down and pick them up tonight if you're around.

i want them gone as a package because i have no need for either of them. the brackets are fine on both. i bought one from sam (ktmracer) which has a bent inner knuckle. the other one has some surface rust and a small hole on one side near the shock mount, but it doesn't affect structure at all. both are HP and i believe have the 260 shafts

OK, I would be grabbing them as a package - was just wondering if the good one had severe rust (like the one in my XJ...) or not. When you say small hole, what do you mean? Any pics? I hate to be a pain about it but I don't want to drive 3 hours round trip if I'm not definitely going to buy them.

I get out of work around 5-6 most likely, would be able to head down right then.

the small hole is about the size of a quarter and is on the side of the shock mount so nothing would be putting stress on it. and all of the rust that's on it is mostly surface rust and could be taken off easily with a wire wheel. that's what i was going to do before i decided to salvage my axle. i don't have any pics because i'm in ri and would be driving back as well

ok, I'll plan on heading down then.

Back