• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 w/ 700r4?

Redcbr007

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the swap below (few threads down) will work for a 2.5? Or is there another auto tranny (w/o comp) that I should use. Ive done search's but everything came back to the 4.0. I cant find a Crank sensor relocation kit for the 2.5 unless it used the same harmonic balancer as the 4.0...

I would appriciate the help,

Thank you

Patrick

Get a 904 from a 87 and up XJ or a wrangler.

is that bolt on/computer controlled, etc.. Please explain.

Oh yah, its an 88 2.5 2wd sitting in front of my house and It I convert it to auto my wife says she'll take it (so I dont have to buy a new car!!)

Thanks

Patrick

Last edited:
Just find an auto XJ or wrangler with the 2.5l engine. The 904 was the auto used in the xj from 84 till it was nixed. I believe it is not computer controled. The best way would be to get an 87-90 2.5L XJ that has a blown motor or wrecked and swap out the tranny with yours. That way you have all the parts right there and can see where and how it all goes together.

Back