• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 Rear Stretch using Nissan Titan Springs/ Shackles

33jiwzk.jpg

would a longer shackle not make it to that back hole? maybe a longer bracket?

would a longer shackle not make it to that back hole? maybe a longer bracket?

That forward angle is how you would want your shackle, if he used the furthest hole it would ride terrible and not flex very well.

right on guys! i was ok with the RE leafs - 4.5 leafs used like in the first flex pic - the HD Eng brackets were $$$!! but the titan leafs are actually too long and my shackle was sitting flat in the farthest out hole! so 2 options... extend brianho's bracket or do some tabs on tube bumper and measure/ mock up where i wanted it and that is what i did... the bumper is tied into cage is is well strong enough and will be also ties into rear tube fenders... unfortunatly i am using 1.5 blocks becasue my truss otherwise would smack my gas tank skid b/c of the stretch! so i will probally go to u bolt elimiators and one day a fuel cell in back so i will have no problems with flex and gas tank clearance which is actually ok now... tonight i am going to mount up new pro comp gas shock on the crossmember, extend drag link to center up wheel and steering, and try to get some more of the body work done

the MJ leafs look great! I will measue wheel base also tonight as well as the eye to eye on tital leafs (i took out the overloaf leaf and they ride like a caddy compared to the older RE's) - i know i netted over 4 inches of stretch ... these boys are LONG

oh and i am going to run a boomerang shackle to get the most out of the leafs

i think he meant the last hole on the hd offroad brackets, not the bumper mount....

Back