• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport buildup

So the insurance company finally paid up and I just brought home my 1999 Sport with 117,xxx on the clock. Within 24 hours, it was given a factory trailer hitch with electric brake controller and of course a good bath. The PO had put in a nice 2009 model JVC CD player and I added the Ipod interface to it yesterday. I also added the factory foglight switch but don't haven't added the lights themselves. This weekend, the dash will be getting a woodgrain "limited" center console and I will be completing the overhead console as well. My plan is to upgrade this sport to a "limited" model, save the leather seats(leather sucks down here in florida). I am hoping to aquire a set of factory foglights as well as the wiring I need. From what I hear, the wiring of them is a pain in the butt. If I could figure out where these wires end after they leave the switch I could fab up something. Anyways let me know what you guys think should be next for this beautiful piece of american engineering and let me know what parts you may have for sale. To date, I am looking for a 4 switch bezel( I don't want to order from Europe and I dont want to pay 90+ bucks), a decent set of crossovers for my speakers, and any other little odds and ends that may come on the limited models.

most of the wiring should already be there for the fog lights. You may need the pigtail that goes off the headlight harness, but the wiring should be in the dash and run all the way to the headlight harness. Make sure to check the fuse box to make sure the fuse that controls the lights are there.

Pictures?

most of the wiring should already be there for the fog lights. You may need the pigtail that goes off the headlight harness, but the wiring should be in the dash and run all the way to the headlight harness. Make sure to check the fuse box to make sure the fuse that controls the lights are there.

I noticed the pigtail in the dash. I went ahead and hooked up the switch but no power or anything. I took a look at where the relays would be and there are no metal contacts in the block. So all it might be lacking is the connectors in the box and the harness off the headlight?

Update: I will be posting pictures tonight when I go to work. To date, I recently aquired a set of factory Infiniti Tweeter covers without the speakers. I will be finding some cheap tweeters to put in the panels near the mirrors. I will be adding factory foglights to the Jeep as soon as they come in. I am currently looking for a 4 bezel switch panel for a 97-01 Cherokee. My plan is to add a fourth switch to control my sub. I want to turn this particular Jeep into the ultimate Daily driver, with some off road aspects. I am planning on purchasing a early 90's cherokee to turn into an off roader. Since I drive back and forth from my place in Clearwater to my place in Charlotte, a great daily driver with good highway milage and comfort is essential.

Back