• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 2-door XJ Sport (Lancaster, PA)

that's a really good deal. My XJ doesnt get much attention and my wife would kill me if I got another, otherwise I'd buy it as a back-up vehicle.

What's exactly wrong with brakes and suspension?

Well the word “exactly” is where it gets fuzzy. When I mentioned to my father that I was selling the XJ, I found out he has a different take on what it needs. Then again, as he gets on in years, more and more things are becoming fuzzy, unfortunately.

He’s adamant that the brake lines were done prior to the last time it was inspected. I guess he was driving it one day and allegedly lost all pressure in the brake pedal, having to use the e-brake to limp it home. It’s been sitting in the driveway at their house ever since.

I’m sorry that’s as clear a picture as I can paint. Hell, it could be missing a $2 bleeder screw, and my XJ could be the steal of the century at $1500. I honestly don’t know...exactly.

As far as the suspension is concerned, the coils and leaf springs are solid, but the surface rust on the shocks has accumulated over the years. That’s really the only reason why I say they could be “refreshed.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see some interest! If I already didn't have too many rigs in my yard now I definitely would have bought this.

As of about an hour ago, I have a sale pending on the XJ.

I’d like to thank you all for your time and attention, because it looks like she will live on with a loving new owner.

For my small part, you're welcome, I hope it works out for you. I hope the truck goes to a good home, but I'm sure I'm not alone that I hope things work out for you as well. While it's great to see the old xjs move around and continue to be driven and loved it's also hard to see them being sold under difficult circumstances as well. My bigger wish is that things work out for you in the long run, perhaps 2018 will be better than 17 has been to you.
Hopefully see you on the trails again!
Rich

As of about an hour ago, I have a sale pending on the XJ.

I’d like to thank you all for your time and attention, because it looks like she will live on with a loving new owner.

I heard that my buddy is going to buy it. Glad I could send someone your way after all...

A.

For my small part, you're welcome, I hope it works out for you. I hope the truck goes to a good home, but I'm sure I'm not alone that I hope things work out for you as well. While it's great to see the old xjs move around and continue to be driven and loved it's also hard to see them being sold under difficult circumstances as well. My bigger wish is that things work out for you in the long run, perhaps 2018 will be better than 17 has been to you.
Hopefully see you on the trails again!
Rich

Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated.

Back