• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 codes???

When I replaced my cracked flexplate a couple of years ago, I accidentally hit the top of the bellhousing on the bottom of the jeep. I didn't think much of this until I went to start it back up and it ran like it was really out of time. It turns out that I damaged the CPS (crankshaft position sensor, the one on the bellhousing) causing it to changed the ignition and injector timing. If you have never replaced it, then it is probably due anyway. Just a thought.

ok i replaced the CPS with a used one tested it with a ohm meter and got 130something ohms could the CPS test fine and still be damaged as in you r case thanks very much

I had a very similiar problem, how old is the o2 sensor? Mine was cracked then fell apart when I took it off, that caused the some to go away and run 100% better.
Also it being a new engine you need to break it in, it could smoke till the rings settle in.

Back