• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1968 Kaiser Jeep Super Wagoneer for sale

put a chevy 400 small block in it, make big power cheap. just make sure it has 2 bolt mains, the 400 4 bolts break all the time.

454 BBC is my vote. thats what i wanted to do with it if i could have talked the wife in to letting me buy this jeep. have a fresh build sitting in the shop for it. was bummed to hear it sold before i talked her into it. lol

put a chevy 400 small block in it, make big power cheap. just make sure it has 2 bolt mains, the 400 4 bolts break all the time.

X2,

If you do a 400, stay with a two bolt. A four bolt will be ok if you reduce to torque of the outer bolts to 50 lbs.

No he wants to keep it stock engine. They have one exactly like it and like it that way. His dad has a 68 waggy same exact spec as the one i sold him. I am just curious on why he says it needs a new block it was fine last time it ran.

I had a 400 in a huge Chevy; hated it. Talk about gutless! It was a new mill, too. All the 350s I've driven have way more power.

you had a problem there then buddy :D my buddy's elco with a 400 in it with dart heads, a big cam, and decent pistons will yank the wheels off the trans brake and carry em for 20 feet :D

the engine was craked all the way around and the frez plugs were blon to

well seeing that it was in a freezable climate, i am guessing it was stored without antifreeze (water only) and it froze. common issue with old jet boats a such. the force that is created by the water freezing easily cracks the blocks even with the freeze plugs pushing out. junk the block and find a good one. youll be good to go.

Back