• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15A Fuse keeps blowing? Please help!!

XJRubicon said:
I got it!!!!

Did your jeep get stolen?!! When they stole my jeep they unscrewed the infinity amplifier under the back seat. It was just sitting in there with the wires connected. when we would hit a bump it would slid over and hit the fuel pump wiring harness. After wearing it down it started shorting. Finally two nights ago it stalled out on me and would not restart.

I crawled under the truck and unplugged the fuelpump, no change.
pulled the fuel pump relay, ding ding ding. no short.

was about to hardwire the fuel pump when i decided to look under the seat at the wires... Soon as I grabbed the harness for the fuel pump with the key on and a wire across the fuse, it arced out and I found the prob. the wires were not cut all the way so I taped them up and have not had a problem since.... gotta clear that ses light though

Check that harness, driver's side rear goes up under the carpet.

if thats not it you will have to trace that wire from there forward to the relay. has to be it man.

Interesting. I haven't really looked under there but I'll give it a shot. The wire harness runs under the carpet (rear passenger - driver's side) correct? It then plugs through the floorboard to the fuel tank?

I've never had the Jeep stolen, but I'm not the original owner. As for having an amp back there...I haven't modified the stereo. Thanks for the update. I'll let you know what I find.

Back