• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

11 miles per gallon

I dont know whats up with my jeep, but I am running 33x12.50 mickey thompson MTXs on stock gearing (manual tranny) and im getting 18+ mpg, and I am overdue on an oil change as well, first few tanks i tested with mostly city and some highway i was getting upwards of 20+ and it has varied from 18-22ish recently. I had 30s and expected it to drop with the 33s but there hasnt been anything significant. And if you multiply by 1.1 for 31s, I am doing even better. I tested mileage on odometer vs a GPS for distance for a couple miles and i found with my 33s I should multiply by 1.1. The gps might have not kicked in for a distance though at first, when it was setting up, who knows. But I have no clue why I would get great mileage even with the tires, while everyone else's goes to hell. Its a 93 btw. who knows, but I must say, 33x12.50s on a very firm 3.5 in lift (BDS) and trimming and such... awesome ride and doesnt feel topheavy at all.

Here is my experience...

'01 with 31x10.5s and an AW4 automatic.

After the lift and tires I was getting around 12-13. (Even got 9mpg once). I installed 4:56 gears and here are my results after spending the last two weeks driving to CA and CO.

With the roof rack loaded with gear and the spare tire I got 15-16mpg.

After unloading the roof except the tire I got 18mpg.

I am not a light footed driver so these are pretty good #s. Depending on how much you drive the gears will pay for themselves.

Glen

Back