• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

05 Dodge np241 into 01 grand cherokee

zachandandy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Long story short, I bought a rolling chassis from a dodge ram 1500 with a 4.7 v8, getrag 238 6 speed, and an np241 as the 01 wj needed a donor motor. engine swap is done, jeep runs and drives again. I'd like to replace the np247 full time case with the np241 part time case. Does anyone know off hand if input shaft splines and depth match between the 2?

What Don said, you will want to swap over the input shaft from your 247. It is a 23 spline long input.

247 input on the left

154_1110_04%2bmulti_case%2binput_gears

Is that a six speed manual or auto?

I'm not using to 6 speed if you're interested, it's the same trans most hemi conversions run in jk's as it bolts up to the 4.7 and all late model hemi's.

Interesting... had no idea you could get a 6 speed behind the 4.7

I've driven quite a few, 1500's, and there was also a stick behind the 4.7 in the Dakota.

I LOVE the power delivery of the 4.7 (I have had 2 wj's), and the stick shift is even more fun than the 545rfe, which is a good trans.

Back