• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pics of My first JEEP PROJECT

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
Well i picked up this Jeep on Craigslist for 1000 even maybe a little high but it has the d44 and d30.

This is my First Jeep Project so any ideas for it our very welcome

thanks

Beforeibought2.jpg

Beforeibought12.jpg

Beforeibought3.jpg

Beforeibought8.jpg

Beforeibought5.jpg

i would start with matching wheels. ha just kidding but thats definately at the top of the list

I would say first get it running good and get the body cleaned up (READ: fix those rocker panels). Than start goin crazy.

Have fun
Chris

EDIT: and DO NOT take off those wood panels...it looks good.

I love the 4-headlights and leather interior....

BTW... all Cherokees have a D30 in the front... But you should have a non-disco one(which is the preferred one)

Really well the guy delivered it to my house for free. From Cincinatti Ohio to Radcliff, Ky... 160 miles. So what was keeping you from buying it??? The way i figure it if the axles and t-case or in good shape that is a 1000 right there.

Well This wagoneer is gonna take some work to get it running good. And yeah its gonna lose the wood paneling eventually. Got some rust issues so i will have to pull up all the carpet and find my rusted through spots so it will take some work...

i love the dual headlights on those things its sick! I would just get it reliable and then lift and cut to your hearts content... Remember we all started out by just wanting a 2" lift and 31s ha ha but just have fun with her

Congrats Man. I guess you saved me a trip. :tear: If you didnt get it I would have. Hell I was going to Cincy to look at her when you called me.LOL Now get busy and pull the carpet out. Let me know if you need any help. O and welcome to NAXJA. Look forward to helping you get it trail worthy.

What is with you Waggy guys and removing the wood paneling?!?!?! That's what sets them apart from the rest (that and the 4 headlight thing).

Shoot, mcnamagg's rig just looks like an older XJ with a goofy front end and no tow hooks :D

IllianaXJ said:
What is with you Waggy guys and removing the wood paneling?!?!?! That's what sets them apart from the rest (that and the 4 headlight thing).

Shoot, mcnamagg's rig just looks like an older XJ with a goofy front end and no tow hooks :D

Thats harsh.:D

Day Two was shorter but i started crying when i seen what is in store for me... Well i got the carpet removed and found my garage floor!!! Yeah alot of holes. Well i am thinking chunk the carpet and Rhino line the whole bed once i get the holes patched up what do yall think???

CarpetRemoved.jpg

The front is horrible I didnt expect this much rust what was AMC thinking with the carpet and insulation?!?!

Drivershole.jpg

Passenger not as bad a drivers but it gets worse as you go into the back seat. Only small rusted through parts but i havnt started brushing it yet.

passengerside.jpg

What do yall think?

No worries man we will get it fixed. No problem, just do like I said and wire wheel it down, then we can cut the rust out and put in some new sheet metal. Trust me I have been there.
:cheers:

If you arent fancy to welding it you could just clean it real good and use fiberglass. I used fiberglass on my early bronco floor and i am very confident when it is sealed(from both sides) it will hold just fine

thats alot more rust then what was in my 400$ beast. Take thin sheet metal and pop rivet it to floor the bedliner and youll be good to go.

Back