• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ slip yoke???

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where to get one (other than dealer?)? I am gonna try to get my lift on and want to see if something like that might give me a little time to get a SYE and shaft.

Thanks,
Andy

underneath unsuspecting YJ's at the mall

silverslk said:
Does anyone know where to get one (other than dealer?)? I am gonna try to get my lift on and want to see if something like that might give me a little time to get a SYE and shaft.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy, get me the factory part number and I'll see what I can do for you....

Justin

Its not the same, its a bit longer at the splined part, and will operate at a higher angle without contacting the shaft (so more lift without vibes).

A WK slip yoke is even better if you can get your hands on one, longer splined yet (you cut it down to size) and has a rubber harmonic balencer type thing on it. I ran 6.5" of lift with a WK slipyoke and no vibes, before I did an SYE.

Rubicon Express part 1822. Almost the exact same thing, but you won't be getting old used parts.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=328&Pn=1809&XnPath=320,321,328&Vid=903FC02626628

Any RE vendor can help you. I suggest Loose-Nuts-Enterprises (naxja vendor) based on prior experience, but you can use the vendor of your choice.

Otherwise, you can go to www.car-part.com, enter in a YJ year, jeep, wrangler, rear drive shaft, and scroll to the lowest price. Start calling the vendors and seeing who will sell just the slip yoke cheap, I bet you can get one for $40 delivered. Here are the first few I would call based on the results I got searching:

House of Auto Parts, Inc. USA-MI(River-Rouge) 1-800-241-1125

Boughton's Auto Salvage, Inc. USA-PA(Susquehanna) 1-800-779-3925

Harris Truck Parts USA-CO(Colorado-Springs) 1-800-441-5839

Kress Auto Recyclers USA-PA(West-Hazleton) 1-570-454-7211

Dont' say "YJ", you will confuse them. Tell them you need a rear driveshaft yoke at the transfer case end, for a 1990 jeep wrangler. auto/manual/4cyl/6cyl doesnt matter. If the first guy won't do $45 shipped, politely thank him and call the next guy. 15 minutes on the phone will always get you the best deal that is to be had.

-C

Last edited:
These vendors seem to have WK's in stock (2005+ grand cherokee). Thats even a better slipyoke..

Butler Auto Recycling USA-FL(Pensacola) Request_Quote 1-888-441-8010

Diamond Auto Parts - QRP Partner USA-WI(Fond-duLac) 1-888-236-7731

Cherry Auto Parts USA-OH(Toledo) Request_Quote 1-800-537-8677

See if you can get one for $50 shipped. You will have to shorten it (take a bandsaw to it or such to cut the splined section down to length, and then clean up the edges with a dremel real fast). 10 minutes of work.

cal said:
Cherry Auto Parts USA-OH(Toledo) Request_Quote 1-800-537-8677

cherry auto parts yay my old stomping grounds :D i used to live in toledo and that was my yard of choice.... and when i wrecked my racing bimmer she went there to sleep forever more :D

anyone have a partnumber for that WJ slip yoke?

selarep said:
anyone have a partnumber for that WJ slip yoke?

WK, not WJ. I might be able to get one. The guy I gave my WK slipyoke to has it sitting on the shelf.

I'm interested in it if the OP isnt. let me know, I called my local stealership and they wanted a part number... i'm guessing its gonna be a pretty penny new

cal said:
WK, not WJ. I might be able to get one. The guy I gave my WK slipyoke to has it sitting on the shelf.

WK's don't have a slip yoke, and if they do they are 2wd and the yoke will be way to big..

xjjeeper19 said:
WK's don't have a slip yoke, and if they do they are 2wd and the yoke will be way to big..

You are incorrect sir. Or, the WK Mike Rollins took my slip yoke off of had the wrong driveline in it; and the replacement slipyoke marked for a WK was a figment of DC's collective imagination. ;)

My mistake, a 2wd also has a fixed output....both 2wd and 4wd have fixed outputs, and th rear DS slips...

I would like to see it, because any WK I have worked on doesn't have a slip yoke...the went to some funky alluminum drive shaft with the slip in there.

I don't have the part anymore, and MJR is in England for the next week .. but I'll dig the information up at some point.

Back