• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions for those with the OME 2" or 3" lift....

nosajwp

NAXJA Forum User
1. What year XJ did you install it on?

2. What size tires are you running? Did you trim anything or change bumpstops? Do you have any rubbing?

3. Have your leaves sagged any?

4. Did you get or need extended brake lines?

5. Did you get or need an upgraded track bar and/or control arms?

6. Did you get a SYE or just shim the axle, and do you have any vibes after doing that?

Thanks guys!!!

87xj, 235x75x15, no rubbing, no, I already had installed longer SS brake lines, no sagging after a year and a half, origianal track bar and control arms how ever, the right front spring arcs forward a bit and all most touches the sway bar link. I think a slightly longer track bar might cure that. I did not shim the rear axle, pinion angles are within factory spec, with out TC drop and no vibrations. Excellent system, I highly recomend it.

2" OME lift

2. What size tires are you running? Did you trim anything or change bumpstops? Do you have any rubbing?

w/ 235/75r15 Notrimming, stock bumpstops, no rubbing.

w/ 31x10.5.15 No trimming, rubbing at full lock on the stock LCA and on the plastic inner fender liners.

Didn't notice

No and no

When I went to the 31's I found a pair of Rancho LCA's, solved the rubbing issue.

6. Did you get a SYE or just shim the axle, and do you have any vibes after doing that?

No, No, no.

I was very happy with my OME lift. I just wanted to go bigger.

nosajwp said:

About 2 years ago

30x9.5, rubbed a tiny bit on the lower control arms, no trimming, no to new bumpstops as well.

no sagging

no to the extended brake lines.

I installed an adjustable track bar for no better reason than it would drive me nuts to know that my front end wasn't perfectly centered. I also installed new lower controll arms, which at the time was only because the minor rubbing on the old ones was noisy to the point of embarrassment in a tight turn in a parking lot and I felt that the round lower control arms wouldn't make as much noise when they rubbed the tires. And as a sidenote, the new control arms are just a bit narrower and eliminated what little rubbing I had.

No vibrations, no SYE, no shimming.

All of that is changing now as I'm going up further.

Robert

1. '98
2. 30X9.50, no, yes on LCA
3. yes very badly. (but I wheeled the snot out of it.)
4. yes & no
5. no & no
6. no. no, very little

97sport 2" w/2"spacer and 2"shackles in the rear.

It's an awesome ride, but if you ever plan on going higher, think about it before you spend the $$$ on OME.

I'm riding on 235's now with plans to go to 31's this spring.

1" t-case drop solved initial vibes, then installed 2" budget boost and got slight vibes, not too bad though.

I put on an adjustable track bar when the OEM one failed state inspection.

Still have stock brake lines, bump stops, and control arms.

Another bit of info... My front end went way down when I put on a warn bumper and winch. Solved that with a taller spacer. OME springs are pretty soft.

91 with 3" and 31" BFG's and pro-comp control arms (good) and track bar drop bracket (not recommended). Up front I have OME934's (V8 Grand Cherokee Lift Coils) and a trim pack. No sagging problems even with a bull-bar and winch. Relocated front brake lines (no cost for the extra insurance) but probably no need. Some rubbing on control arms at full lock but a pretty simple adjustment I've just put off. No vibes. Different spring rates are available, and you can go up to 5" by incorporating non-OME components.

nosajwp said:
Would I need longer front lines if I were to disco the front swaybar?

If you are using OME shocks, all you should have to do is relocate the front lines. I can use every bit of down travel in my shocks, and the brake lines are not quite tight at that point (this is on an 88).

The nice thing about relocating the lines is that it is free and easy. You will want to test it, but I would bet that it will be more than enough.

Travis

3" kit using V8 ZJ coils and then added MJ Shackles

1) 91 4dr

2) Currently 30x9.5 BFG A/T KO. No fender trimming or bumpstop shortening. Did add QDs and removed the rear sway-bar entirely. The tires do rub a little bit at full lock on the LCA's and when fully flexed the rear will take the paint off the inner fenderwell but doesn't make noise.

3) I have not noticed andy sag yet but I have only had it on for a couple months. I mentioned the MJ shackles earlier, that was to get the back to the same hight as the front w/ the bigger ZJ coils.

4) I purchased front and rear SS brake line extensions made by Skyjacker just to be on the safe side.

5) I did not upgrade my trackbar or control arms and everything seems alright, new LCA's might have gotten me some more flex. I did upgrade to OME's heavy duty steering stabilizer and I already had Daystar poly bushings from my original suspension that I swapped over to the new suspension (the rear leafs did not come with bushings).

6) I did get driveline vibrations after the lift mostly at highway speeds. Tried a different rear driveshaft a friend had that had a YJ slipyoke on it and all that caused was T-case leakage. I recently put a T-case drop on and it seems to have gone away entirely (didn't notice it once on a 1000+ mile trip).

I've been very pleased the ride quality is much better than stock.

Back