• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey Bay 10th and 11th,April

clrusty

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I just thought I would throw this out there but me and a buddy are headed up to turkey bay on the 10th and the 11th. I wanted to invite anyone that would like to come. Ive never been up there and we could use a trail guide if anyone wants lead the way.

Uhhh is there a diff between the 2 ? LBL and tb?? I thought it was all the same place up there,,Tell i havent been huh. Me and the son are going to camp sat night. Going to ride both sat and sunday if we get lucky. But yea come on up . may need ya to keep me from doing something dumb.....lol

i wanna go

Uhhh is there a diff between the 2 ? LBL and tb?? I thought it was all the same place up there,,Tell i havent been huh. Me and the son are going to camp sat night. Going to ride both sat and sunday if we get lucky. But yea come on up . may need ya to keep me from doing something dumb.....lol
Sorta, LBL is a 60 mile island between 2 lakes and is covered with 1000 miles of logging roads, of which you can apparently drive your vehicle down but not an ATV, and its all free.

Turkey Bay is a paid area and a small part of LBL but still has like a 100 miles of trails, where you can ride any OHV vehicle (jeeps, atvs, bikes, etc)

A 1-3 day pass for Turkey Bay is $15.

heres a map of the Turkey Bay
http://www.lbl.org/pdf/10TurkeyBayOHV_map_info.pdf

and a link to the general info about it
http://www.lbl.org/OHVTrails.html

Well Bosco come on and go with us. Yea i didnt know there was a diff in them 2... Learn something new everyday. So i guess its Turkey bay we are going to. WOW 15 bucks for 3 days,I seen that on their site too and thought that was cool. Anyone else wanna do some camping and uhhhhhhhh drinkin????

yes its allowed:
"Alcohol consumption is only permitted on your
campsite. Please be discreet with your consumption
of alcohol on sites."

I may try to make this one...for a few reasons. (1) it's close, (2) I can shake out the truck after the lift, (3) I can bring my daughter to see if she enjoys it before I think about taking her to the Crawl.

Questions/assumptions...

(1). Assume most people will arrive to set up camp on Friday night. What campground are y'all considering?
(2). No interest in pushing my rig to the limits...want to stay mild to moderate...test run on the new components. Are you all planning to run extreme or more mild/moderate...

If I make this trip, I'll get off the trails by 5 on Saturday so I can be home later that night.

I think camping is allowed right at the OHV area, and if i go it will be on the mild/moderate side, im not looking to break it...yet

Last edited:
Is the plan for a day trip or over-nighter?

i can do a day trip or over nighter. more than likely it will just be a day trip for me.

Well we are going up early sat morning and camping over night, wish i could make it a whole weekend thing but i wont be home till late fri night.
I am going to stay with more the mild / mod trails myself. Im open front and rear and i agree im not trying to break anything , i got to drive it home.
Yea i seen that too that you can drink at the camp site, Im not a big drinker and i dont drink and wheel , but i wouldnt mind sittin around a fire and having a few.
Oh and i will ask..Almost forgot my manners,, Will it offend anyone if i do?

Back