• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Empty engine bay pics? Vacuum line routing (2001)

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Been inactive for a few years due to intermittent illnesses and other typical life crap, and am finally getting back around to putting my 2001 XJ back together.

While tearing down the engine bay some years ago for touch-up and cleaning, I pulled everything that could be pulled (vacuum lines and all), while recording the process with my GoPro on timelapse to make sure I had everything documented. Welp, I went back to look at the pics, and the f@#$ing SD card was blank. Still looking through old drives to see if it was cleared after exporting the photos but I'm not extremely optimistic at this point.

Does anyone have any pics of their engine bay with the engine removed, possibly from documenting a swap or stroker build? I know 00-01 would be ideal, but honestly, any 97+ examples might suffice.

Thanks a ton in advance - any help would be tremendously appreciated!

I don't have any pics but I know every inch of my 2 2000's so if I can be of any help give me a PM.

All the engine bay routings and locations is documented in the Factory Service Manual.

With a bit of Goolge-fu and you can find one to download.

Thanks guys - I've got the 00-01 FSM but haven't yet found the diagram I'm looking for. I also managed to find those old timelapse photos, but took them from the passenger front... but pulled all the shit before I pulled the coolant overflow tank. Should be able to piece it together at this point.

I applaud your foresight to take pictures and video during the teardown. It's really helpful a week later when you're trying to remember "Did that go under or over that piece?" I do this as well, and of course the only time I seem to need them is when I forget to take them. :}

Thanks again guys - didn't think about the FSM detailing it all. I also managed to snap a few additional reference photos of a 2001 I just pulled the engine harness from (injector wiring was fried from a long-running past exhaust leak), so I should be good to go.

Current battle is figuring out where the hell the crank sensor connector bracket mounts... just got the engine and trans mated for the first time in many years (along with a new TC and all new sensors), so we'll see how this goes.

I have a stock 2001 engine bay but I am just seeing thread. If you need any pics of anything, text me 520-six six one-1638 and happy to take some shots for ya. Im crawling all over it the next few days anyways.

Thanks again guys - didn't think about the FSM detailing it all. I also managed to snap a few additional reference photos of a 2001 I just pulled the engine harness from (injector wiring was fried from a long-running past exhaust leak), so I should be good to go.

Current battle is figuring out where the hell the crank sensor connector bracket mounts... just got the engine and trans mated for the first time in many years (along with a new TC and all new sensors), so we'll see how this goes.

The one on the trans bell? 'CkPS'. On my 2000, the attachment is down on a metal plate (driver's side) attached to the trans bell. The O2 sensor is also located there. I would guess the 2001 is the same. The O2 and CkPS have the same PN. The wires are shorter than earlier XJs.

Edit: My 2000 is a FED. So, a 2001 will be a bit different as it is like the 2000 Cali. So, mine does not have the Pre Cats.

Last edited:
Back