• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cylinder misfire, vacuum leaks and . . . ?

Re-grouped this afternoon. Finally dawned on me it could be a fuse. Yup. #10 in the kickpanel, a 15A, met the list of codes produced.

So, vacuum good, no apparent fuel delivery problems (injectors might be replaced anyway); thermostat installed and temps now reach back up to 200F; engine is smoother due to that and to new spark plugs.

Compression consistent across cylinders.

No more CEL. (I called it MIL, don't know terms)

Air filter is now 2.5/years and 20k, so time to replace.

A little ways off is a water pump replacement after an extended coolant flush. Probably some A-Rx on some Delvac 10-30W and Baldwin B2-HPG over three OCI. Time also for ATF, PSF and rear axle fluid changes. Going to change back from AMSOIL to SCHAEFFERS. Will also look more closely into cylinder head replacement and start acquiring tools, equipment, supplies.

Coil rail at top of replacement list for powertrain now.

So, last questions for now:

Is it worth dropping the fuel tank to R&R fuel pump/filter, etc? I'll replace any hoses or soft lines present in system, and do injectors. Anything else to consider for fuel system?

What's the life expectancy of the timing chain?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back