NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > North Atlantic Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

North Atlantic Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2017, 10:30
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Introduce yourself

My name is Zach
Live in Northern MD, in Jarrettsville.
Rig is a 1996 XJ 4.0/AX15/231 d30/8.8 4.10s spartans in both 4.5" RC long arm sitting on 35/12.50 MTRs. Bumper, winch, the basic stuff. Will be swapping in 5.38 d44's here shortly with detroits and chromos. Thanks!

Old March 27th, 2017, 17:52
NAXJA Member

Welcome to Zach. Hope to see you out at one of our NAC events.
Project- #14 97 3.5" LA, Built 30/8.25, 35" MTR Kevlars.
Old March 27th, 2017, 18:43
NAXJA Forum User

I guess I should do a proper introduction. I'm Erik. I'm from the Hudson Valley in New York. Ive been out of the Jeep game for a few years now but all that time I've been wanting to get back in. I just picked up a 1996 2 door XJ about a week ago and I've experienced a FULL relapse into Jeep obsession. Since I got my drivers license way back in 95 I've always had at least one jeep on the Insurance, at times as many as 4. Ive had all kinds, as old as a 52 M38 and the newest one I ever had was an 06 LJ. But in the middle theres been 9 or 10 XJ's and 1 MJ (Wish I never parted with that thing!) and 2 CJ's

Heres my newest ride.

I'm so exited to be back behind the wheel of a Jeep again. I didn't really realize how much I missed it until this thing came on the trailer.

Heres a few pics of Jeeps past...

The mighty LJRockstar..

My 85 CJ with AMC 360.

The First CJ back in the day!

Ive pics of all of them somewhere but they're not on this computer.

Anyway, Happy to be back! And after a little tweaking and tuning, I look forward to getting out on some trails this summer!
Old March 28th, 2017, 09:02
NAXJA Member

Welcome guys!

You've got some great looking Jeeps.

I love the pics of the old CJs!
Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:12
NAXJA Member # 101

I saw the LJ Rockstar and wondered.. good to see ya around Erik.

I guess you no longer have a shop in Philly?

John B..
Old April 3rd, 2017, 19:02
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlandZJ View Post
I saw the LJ Rockstar and wondered.. good to see ya around Erik.

I guess you no longer have a shop in Philly?

John B..

Yea its me! Thanks, nice to be back in it. Philly shop is still in business, but I'm not involved anymore. I'm upstate now. Been working as a machinist for a little while now. I'm digging it for sure. I've got some work to do on the XJ, but I hope to get an easy trail ride in by the end of may. I don't wanna thrash this one like I did the LJ. I do however want to do some serious road tripping in it. Been stationary for too long. haha
Old April 5th, 2017, 12:54
NAXJA Forum User

Howdy, new here, still trying to figure out how to navigate the site. I have a 2000 XJ sport. Work in progress, going for a 4" lift. Needing to keep it easily streeable. Looking for ideas in the DIY range, trying to avoid big $$$ aftermarket stuff whenever possible. Hope everybody has a great day, cheers Rango
Old July 12th, 2017, 12:11
NAXJA Forum User

Hello everyone, Son and I writing in from Lancaster Pa.

We own a 1999 XJ that we are currently building together. Started by replacing the motor a few months ago..see pictures.

Now we are slowly doing the rest, starting the the suspension. I recently purchased a 96 cherokee that had 4.5" suspension and a few other parts that are being donated to the 99 (Including a visor)

We are do it yourselfers, this has been a great father son experience...now looking forward to hitting the trails. Let me know if your in the area, we would like to meet with other Jeepers and have a beer! (Well...I can have a beer, my son has a soda!)

Images to follow once i have a host.
Old July 12th, 2017, 12:26
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammaddon View Post
Hello everyone, Son and I writing in from Lancaster Pa.

We own a 1999 XJ that we are currently building together. Started by replacing the motor a few months ago..see pictures.

Now we are slowly doing the rest, starting the the suspension. I recently purchased a 96 cherokee that had 4.5" suspension and a few other parts that are being donated to the 99 (Including a visor)

We are do it yourselfers, this has been a great father son experience...now looking forward to hitting the trails. Let me know if your in the area, we would like to meet with other Jeepers and have a beer! (Well...I can have a beer, my son has a soda!)

Images to follow once i have a host.

Old July 13th, 2017, 15:04
NAC VP

Wow! I love the father/son aspect of this, welcome! A couple of us will in fact be at the jeep show in York this coming weekend. I'll be there with my wife on Sunday, we aren't showing anything this year. Let us know if you are planning on going, and we'll make plans to meet up!
Rich