• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ "Budget Build"

Here's some shots of the roll bar covers I sewed up.

e24c4d650b44582460bee4c37b295ec1.jpg

32f682b56393c62d8fd04fc29d05d0e0.jpg

92f229ee33c5949326f49f0585ca20e1.jpg

716dfac29cbbcc729578ca192e166827.jpg

I decided I'm going to make them to finish off the C/D pillars.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

They were some cheapies off of Amazon. I couldnt paste the link, but here's the description. They're $43 right now and they do fit pretty well. Im contemplating making some out of OD green cordura because I have like 9 yards left after the roll bar covers.

FH Group Universal Fit Full Set Car Seat Cover, (Hunting Camouflage) (Airbag compatible and Split Bench, Fit Most Car, Truck, Suv, or Van, FH-FB111115)

Thanks. Ill check them out.

Are those belts for restraining a person? If so, they are wrong. You should never mount a shoulder belt below the shoulders. As the person is thrown forward in a collision, the belt pulls down on the shoulders compressing their spin. Shoulder belts should be mounted slightly above the shoulders.

Awesome looking build. I'm impressed by your go get it attitude.

Are those belts for restraining a person? If so, they are wrong. You should never mount a shoulder belt below the shoulders. As the person is thrown forward in a collision, the belt pulls down on the shoulders compressing their spin. Shoulder belts should be mounted slightly above the shoulders.

Awesome looking build. I'm impressed by your go get it attitude.
I didnt know that about the belt. Im going to remove it, my daughter doesn't like it anyhow...plus now that I know it's unsafe...Thank you.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info POSJ. Thank you raptor for looking into the belt mounting rather than calling me an idiot and continuing forward, especially considering it's your kid belted in back there. Now do some other cool work.

Back