• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Roosternator

got a little more seat time wheeling in late 09

this time i had my sway bar discoed

first time on the RTI ramp

105_1770.jpg

105_1771.jpg

105_1772.jpg

There was quite a few rigs there that day (newbie run)

100_1655.jpg

100_1656.jpg

this is the group i wheeled with

100_1661.jpg

so during the beginning of 2010 i got bored and had no money to modify any thing so i decided to paint my stock wheels to match the bumper

P4120085.jpg

that last wheeling trip i posted about i lost one flair...

so by WF10 i had them all off

winterfest10007.jpg

time to show off my ghetto fab snorkel set up

after WF i realized if i keep driving through water that can kill an alternator than i can prolly suck water into the intake with the stock set up so....

got this from menards $2.00
P4120075.jpg

kids please clean up after your self's
P4120077.jpg

bend in to a weird shape
P4120076.jpg

make sure it fits kinda sorta good
P4120078.jpg

P4120080.jpg

this is were you run the tube
P4120082.jpg

if you have a hole saw great use that

if your ghetto do it my way

P4120086.jpg

P4120087.jpg

P4120088.jpg

seal up this hole in your air box
P4120083.jpg

and where your new intake tube sits you will need to cut a hole and seal it off nicely, i didnt take that pic

it will look something like this
P4120078.jpg

but i didnt take pics of it finished, there are deffently cleaner ways to do this to make it look factory or something but not for 2 bucks

you will get a little hissing noise after this is done, the way i fixed it was turning that little knob on the radio

i know what your thinking fancy huh :D

phil (philagony94x) grabbed a gas tank skid from the junk yard while he was there for me it was a pre 97 though they charged him 5 bucks i gave him a 10 cause he brought it to me
had to modify it to work

P4120071.jpg

in this pic you see were it bends up
P4120074.jpg

you gota bend that almost straight
but first and a crappy pic you got to break this weld and bend theses little ears out straight
P4120073.jpg

for another way to do this check this wright up
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/pre-...st-96-a-22399/

i have it on and done but no pics, after a couple beers i lost the camera

i think i will stop there for the weekend cause its almost quitin time and were almost up to date here

i got the fenders trimmed here are the pics, this is about 2 days after i got the rear done notice the rust already forming

P9280362.jpg

P9280361.jpg

i have the rear lip painted with some spray on bed liner now

the latest pics of the rig

i picked thees wheels up from hotrod hooligans on here for $100

IMG00278.jpg

and got this set of 32" mud kings for free from work

IMG00285.jpg

IMG00286.jpg

they look like they fit
at full lock of the steering wheel and flexing i will be rubbin on the inner pinch seam on the front so i have to cut and fold that out the way

IMG00292.jpg

IMG00290.jpg

the 4" backspacing makes it have a nice wide stance

IMG00288.jpg

IMG00289.jpg

Thanks man, i was gonna text ya one of thees days to see if you guys wanted to help me put thees hood pins on so i can weld the nuts to the top of that support instead of taking the grill off and going under it

Thanks man, i was gonna text ya one of thees days to see if you guys wanted to help me put thees hood pins on so i can weld the nuts to the top of that support instead of taking the grill off and going under it

So andrew, does your jeep look like a snowblower when you aren't running flares? I know mine does. :D

:D I cant wait to see what it does in the mud!!!

Haha, yeah it does what you think its gonna do! :)

pulled the jeep in to the shop at work today,and got a little done

cut and folded the inner fender pinch seam

put on a rustys D30 skid

and got the hitch and skid bolts in that i left out cause the holes didnt line up

next up is finding some used hockey pucks for some bumpstops,and i gotta figure a way to extend the rears

if you have a sporting goods store like MC Sports etc you can buy new pucks for like $2 each. I bought 6, now I am not sure where the other 4 are, but 2 are in the front of my rig for the past 3 years.

if you have a sporting goods store like MC Sports etc you can buy new pucks for like $2 each. I bought 6, now I am not sure where the other 4 are, but 2 are in the front of my rig for the past 3 years.

that's pretty reasonable, i will probably need 3 on each side ill start with 2 and see if i need the extra one

what do you have for the rear?

when i did the sharty test of flex after the last trimming i had the rear springs pretty much flat and the 32's were no were near rubbing

I have no stops in the rear. I think that's why the springs flattened out so fast. The new springs I have yet to put in, I will fab up something. Either extended stops on the frame or a wider u-bolt plate.

I hate to admit it, but I have never had the correct bump stops in the rear of my XJ and I have had about a half dozen different lift heights in it with no problem..yet :D

I hate to admit it, but I have never had the correct bump stops in the rear of my XJ and I have had about a half dozen different lift heights in it with no problem..yet :D

So why have you had half a dozen different heights in suspension? Progressively gained altitude or suspension flattened out? Have to ask cause I'm curious.

Back