• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Downward Spiral

For those of you wanting pictures here you go. Obviously I've still got to do the truss tie-in.

PinionGuard1.jpg

PinionGuard2.jpg

For those of you wanting pictures here you go. Obviously I've still got to do the truss tie-in.

PinionGuard1.jpg

PinionGuard2.jpg

How much shihpped to 29550?

get that Jeep out of the garage and get it painted before next Sunday!! :thumbup:

you guys suck, i gotta work sunday, you should wheel sat instead

How much shihpped to 29550?
Ha! A lot, after the amount of fitting it took, I can say for sure I won't be doing another.
Not too shabby Bill, I like it. Too bad you're stuck with that lip underneth.
The lip is minor, IMO.
to bad bill's been wheelin and your axles are still on jackstands:shhh:
:) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

get that Jeep out of the garage and get it painted before next Sunday!! :thumbup:
We'll see. We'll see.

bill you should use some of the left over plastic stuff as a skid

Wow that is so much awsomer then i thought it would be, still think you should work some plastics into it for sliderbility

I've been having a problem keeping the 'H' blocks in place on my front brakes. Loosing them causing the caliper to ride inside the wheel and costs me $14 each time. Needless to say after two consecutive trips losing them it gets old quick.

My main issue is I couldn't run the original bolt because of wheel clearance. So I'm running a flat head socket cap screw in its place. This works great while crawling but when I start to pick up any speed for an extended period of time, they bounce out. I believe they are getting lost because the stock blocks only capture about 1/3 the head of the bolt. My solution? Add more material and capture the whole head.

Thankfully they are just cast steel and I can weld to them.

Here you can see the stock configuration in the wheel:
StockHBlock.jpg

Here is one modified 'H' block (pass side) on the left and a stock on the right. The odd curves are just so it follows the caliper bracket, nothing more.
ModifiedHBlock2.jpg

Modified block in place:
ModifiedHBlock1.jpg

Hopefully this works and solves my problem. I'll report back after a few runs.

i did the same mod to the blocks on my heep except i just tig'ed 1/2 a flat washer to the block. it worked great.

These have been done for awhile now, but I had a question on another forum about them so since I loaded them up I'll put them here too. Finally I have rear lights (running and brake) besides just that middle one on the hatch. I'm not sure why I didn't do it sooner, I think it looks complete now that there isn't that void in the two tubes as they come together in the back.

RearLights.jpg

RearLights2.jpg

Are they bright enough to see the turn signals during the day?

I don't remember what I have now, but my old Farmboy light boxes had small turn signals that were hard to see during the day.

Back