• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Identify this Rim

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
Spare.sized.jpg

Is this a stock XJ rim? This is my spare. When I bought my XJ, the PO said that he had traded a GC for this XJ, but the XJ owner wanted her rims, so he swapped the GC rims on to the XJ.

This rim doesn't match the "dished" GC rims that are on my XJ. Is this possibly one of the factory rims from my XJ? Full sized spare from the GC, or something else? It's got a 215/75 on it.

Yes, XJ's did at some point (I'm not sure of the years) come with those rims.

I'm gonna guess 15x7 (I think that is stamped/molded into the inside of the rim). I took a quick browse through cardomain after reading the first post. I found a 93 with them on it.

So the mystery deepends, as to how my 97 XJ ended up with rims that appear to have been used in the early 90's.

So the mystery deepends, as to how my 97 XJ ended up with rims that appear to have been used in the early 90's.

Its not really a mystery. Someone who owned the vehicle previously probably needed a new spare tire, or wanted a full size spare (some XJ's came with donuts). They probably picked that one up out of a junkyard or had it laying around.

Does anyone know what the offset on that rim would be? I would think that the offset would be totally different than the GC rims I have on.
Rims.sized.jpg

My thought would be that GC rims stick out more, which would allow me to run a wider tire without rubbing.

Does anyone know what the offset on that rim would be? I would think that the offset would be totally different than the GC rims I have on.
Rims.sized.jpg

My thought would be that GC rims stick out more, which would allow me to run a wider tire without rubbing.

I had 245's with those rims on my stock '99 they rubbed pretty badly.

i've seen those on yjs before, possibly late 80's early 90's xjs

I've got the first rims all the way around on my 90 laredo and the last pic is the rim on my spare. I scored a set just like my spare and the last pic in white with 15x8 stamped on the inside off of an old cj.

The back spacing on those steel rims looks quite large. I would be surprised if your tire didn't hit your control arms on the front, or hit the springs on the rear.

You wanna donate that 5 spoke alum wheel? (=
As for the steelies, if you look at the other stock steelies from the same time period they look to have a similar backspacing.

Those old school aluminum wheels are my fav stock Jeep wheels(silverstars are a close 2nd). I believe they started using them in 88 and stopped around 93/94(mighta been used on the YJs longer than XJs). They are stamped 15x7J, but mine measure 15x8 and they have 5.25" backspacing.
00003.jpg

Back