• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR XJ Roof Rack

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Who has one??

I am looking at this and liking it... but I remember reading that someone who had their 33 up top had it break off the roof rack on the trail.

I need to get this spare out of the back of my jeep before school next year.

Roof-mount spare = bad. noticeable gas mileage, wind noise, center of gravity (very bad on off-camber trails!), plus you have to lift the heavy tire up there.

rear tire carrier = good.

http://www.detoursusa.com/tailbone.php is the cheapest way to go.

If you need a rack to store gear you can't fit inside the Jeep, go for it... but if you only wait it to hold a spare tire, please reconsider.

I completely agree. I had a 32 BFG M/T on my roof one time, (no rack, just on the roof, so lower than it would have been with a rack) and it felt like a sail the minute I got onto the highway.

Yeah, I had my spare up there and it sucked big time. It sucked getting it up there and it sucked down the gas too. It was worse than having Obama for HNIC and thats pretty bad!

Back