• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" Help

Skibum12189

NAXJA Forum User
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x228/caldapal08/P7230541.jpg

that's my 2000 XJ Ltd. I'm about to finish up my freshman year in college and this summer I want to work a little bit harder so I can make enough to lift her. she just looks sad without a lift.

I've got my sights set on a RE 3.5" Super-ride with 31x10.5s with maybe some American Racing 15x8s. Basically, I do a little offroading here and there, some times for fun, sometimes trying to get to places for my summer construction jobs. I've learned that when I want to do something, it's always better to go all out and spend the money now instead of later so i'm avoiding the rough country lifts etc.

Because I travel between school and back, I need to be able to go freeway speeds with no vibrations.

Couple questions though.

1. Do i need to purchase ANYTHING in addition to this lift, tires, and rims?
2. What shocks should I buy with this lift? Are nitrogen ones worth it?
3. I was looking into treadwrights and I've read mostly great reviews and I could save some major dough by buying those, but my main concern is my safety. They are safe, right? anyone on here use em?
4. Also, this is a total noob question, but how do I find out what axel i have (i have the selectable 4wd (2wd, 4parttime, 4fulltime, 4lo)

thanks alot, i've been looking around the forum a bit and searching, but before I pull the trigger and spend some coin, i want to make sure.

when buying that lift it is a pretty complete kit but to eliminate the possibility of any vibes you will want a sye or hack and tap setup for the rear ome shocks are nice from what i hear the treadwrights are good tires as long you dont run real low tire pressures like 5 psi just think about how many tractor trailers you see most of them have retreads theyre pretty safe given the year of your xj you will have the chrysler 8.25 axle

Back