• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

for supsa

95heep

NAXJA Forum User
Your post in my rear bumper for sale thread inspired me. Check it out.....

The videos kinda short,
Thats my 2500HD crew cab on 41" IROKS. (Its a pig!)
Im thinking the bumper will be OK!
I dont have anywhere to wheel around here so I figured that
was the next best way I could test something im trying sale
Thanks again for input.

workpics098.jpg

some aft pics, the only thing that happened was the top cap got a lil tweaked, some hammerin and pullin she straightened right out.

workpics100.jpg

workpics101.jpg

Now drop off a 4 foot wall onto it. I haven't seen a bumper I can't bent and make look like sheet metal. Way to back up your product.

Now drop off a 4 foot wall onto it. I haven't seen a bumper I can't bent and make look like sheet metal. Way to back up your product.

Dave has a point, there is a difference in force when your hitting something at speed or just placing it on it.

From what I remember from Physics...

F=MA

Force= Mass * Acceleration

-Alex

I do like the looks of it but I have a way with bumpers. :explosion

"Does this truck make my dick look big?" haha

Though I am genuinely teasing you about your compensator there, I must say that I really dig the rear bumper. It looks alot like one I had on the XJ, without all the sheetmetal and dimple work. I do suggest that perhaps you should run some strut bars from the back side of the receiver to the outer mounts, and then find a way to tie the outer mounts into the framerail hitch holes...

Thanks for the support guys! Im thinking of a full force '4 drop onto a bumper...
did you guys forget we're still in a uni body, the bumper would be the least of my worries!! But I think mine would handle it??

THANKS AGAIN
MARC

And the truck was built around my DICK, to make it look smaller, just ask your....
LOL JK

LTR

I haven't seen a bumper I can't bent and make look like sheet metal. Way to back up your product.

Dave, Apparently you haven't seen my bumpers :D

Marc, I would suspect your bumpers are as strong as the majority of other bumpers out there on the market. Tieing into the frame rails would be easy and add GREAT strength for towing, personally I wouldn't off a tow receiver or recover points without this but others do and seem to get away with it somehow?

Alex, F=MA. What does the acceleration of the truck have to do with the bumper?

I could care less about any compensation, I like the truck.
Michael

Alex, F=MA. What does the acceleration of the truck have to do with the bumper?

The point I was making is that putting something really heavy onto the bumper can be less force then dropping the lighter jeep down onto a stationary object, there the acceleration of the jeep would come into play. Maybe?

-Alex

Maybe?

-Alex

Work it out for us :D

You can assume the truck weights 10K , Jeep weights 4K and use 10 ft/s2 for gravity, you can pick the height of the drop.

Show your work :laugh:

Michael

All this physics/math crap is giving me a headache :confused1 ,My last math class was in...? like 1988? :gee: I built the bumper to be pretty stout with keeping weight in mind, I like to keep my 5" lift at the 5ish its should be, and protect your rig against some carnage at the same time. You gotta split the hairs somewhere???

Back