• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BBCS shocks from poly performance ?'s

well since apparently noone has run these i thought i would share...

i put 11" BBCS shocks on to replace my old rough country shock, and i would have to say there is quite the improvement. the only down side i can speak of is increased body roll, but that is probably because the rough country ones didnt really give at all.

on the front i made my own bar pin adapters with a 1/2 bolt and some 2" square tube. on the rear i cut through the floors and built a new crossmember. see rear shock buildup

some things i really like:

-Good street ride
-great price for a quality gas charged shock
-built in bumpstops (not that i would trust that alone, but there was a guy on pirate that jumped his rig with just these and apparently was fine)

one thing to note is that these have often been compared to the same ride as bilstein 5150's

any questions feel free to ask

Let us know in a few months how they are holding up.
Since they cost the same as 5150s, you would hope they perform similarly and last as long. Time will tell.

You should still adjust the XJ's bump-stops to keep the shocks from bottoming out. The shaft-bumpers help but cannot stop damage from occurring if the shock bottoms out hard.

Let us know in a few months how they are holding up.
Since they cost the same as 5150s, you would hope they perform similarly and last as long. Time will tell.

You should still adjust the XJ's bump-stops to keep the shocks from bottoming out. The shaft-bumpers help but cannot stop damage from occurring if the shock bottoms out hard.

i will report. yeah i am not leaving those bumps to work all by themselves. i have prothane progressives in the rear and in the front

i will report. yeah i am not leaving those bumps to work all by themselves. i have prothane progressives in the rear and in the front

I'm running the prothane front coil bumps and 4" poly wedges bumps in the rear.
It took a while to get them adjusted so just about every bit of the up-travel is used. I do not feel hard hits the way it used to be with the stock style bumps-stops. Polyurethane soaks up a lot of shock.
They may not be as good a air pumps but they are close enough and the price is right.

I'm running the prothane front coil bumps and 4" poly wedges bumps in the rear.
It took a while to get them adjusted so just about every bit of the up-travel is used. I do not feel hard hits the way it used to be with the stock style bumps-stops. Polyurethane soaks up a lot of shock.
They may not be as good a air pumps but they are close enough and the price is right.

you got that right... i am a poor college student once again, and dont make as much money as i used to, so i have to do things on the cheap :cry:

sure... they were great for 14 months, they rode nicely on my DD, and wheeled great. then one of the fronts blew while driving down the road, puking all the oil rendering it essentially useless... keep in mind that i never over extended them or bottomed them out. so i call up Poly Performance because on the shock info page (they recently revised the page) they advertised a limited lifetime warranty... unfortunately they told me that this did not apply to shocks and that i was SOL (on the warranty page at the very bottom it did say that shocks were excluded, but you had to click on the link that said "Limited Lifetime Warranty" from the shock page to see that.... seemed kinda shiesty to me), and the best they could do is give me 10 bucks off of a new shock. needless to say i was not a happy camper, so i gave them a piece of my mind, said screw them and switched to bilstein 7100's and am very happy. i do still have the rear BBCS's, and they continue to function well, and i plan on keeping them until they die. overall i am not sure if i just got a single defective item, but their customer service turned me away considering the price tag. at least with the 7100's i can rebuild them fairly cheaply when a seal goes or if i want to revalve them.

I was wondering about these. There is a big thread on Pirate where a lot of people had problems with them leaking. I think they replaced them all, but modified the design to stop the problem. Not sure where it went from there.

i have a couple friends that used to run them (sold, jeep, and dismantled tj due to frame damage)

never heard any complaints about them

I was wondering about these. There is a big thread on Pirate where a lot of people had problems with them leaking. I think they replaced them all, but modified the design to stop the problem. Not sure where it went from there.

these were supposedly the second gen ones with the leaking problem fixed... funny thing is i got the rears used and they may be the first gen and they are still going strong

Back