• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrades

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Working on my rear disc conversion.

New rear shafts
Shaft.jpg

Crown Vic rotors
rotor.jpg

Crown Vic calipers
caliper.jpg

Nice stuff, Joe. I have yet to see a cross-drilled rotor that didn't crack though. :(

hopefully that doesn't happen since I voided the warranty having the centers machined to fit over the shafts and having them drilled for 5 on 5.5

I've always worried about getting small rocks and the like stuck in there while off roading. But man those look pretty. Which axle are those going in?

I've always worried about getting small rocks and the like stuck in there while off roading. But man those look pretty. Which axle are those going in?

Those are XJ Dana 44 shafts.

Heh, yeah that pretty much kills the warranty. :yelclap:

If something ends up happening I'll just get some stock rotors and have them machined.

I wouldn't worry anyway. They always seem to skate out of the warranty saying something about 'overheating'. Funny, I thought the slots and drilling were to help with that. :shhh:

Meh The cost was maybe $10 more total than getting stock rotors because they came with ceramic pads.

Those calipers look identical to 8.8 ones. Night and day difference when I switched.

they are slightly different, I have to return my exploder soft lines and use the CV ones. :gee:

Update

Discsetup.jpg

How are you going to go about doing the e-brake?

I'll probably loop and bolt a stock cable. My Parking brake hasn't worked in over a year anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it, All you have to get the E-brake cable to do is pull a leaver. The rest is pretty easy the backing plates have the same BP as an XJ D44 you just have to enlarge them to 3/8"

Back