• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Run one rear shock??????

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
I started installing my lift today and found out one of my new rear shocks is bad. I can compress it woth no force and it wont extend with out pulling it out. How safe would it to be to drive with one rear shock? Nothing major just back and forth to work. I cant use my old ones because there to short now.THIS SUCKS.

you won't die, just don't drive like an idiot

Re: Run one rear shock?

Im glad to hear that, It wont cause one leaf pack to brake in faster then the other? Dont wanna get a lean going.

Re: Run one rear shock?

Im glad to hear that, It wont cause one leaf pack to brake in faster then the other? Dont wanna get a lean going.

What tomcat said. Act like you're driving a vehicle with limited capabilities and you should be fine.

I drove mine with NO rear shocks for a couple days while my new shocks were on order. Very bouncy, kinda like riding on springs with no damping (weird, huh?).

I can't imagine it would cause any permanent lean, it'll take more than a few days of sedate work commuting to break your leafs in.

My replacement will be sent out on monday, so I will need to drive on it for about a week. Luckly RE has great costomer service.

I will take it very easy, I just wanted to make sure I wouldnt cause any damage.

Thanks, Mat

Back