• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Safari style light bar

AMERCANZERO

NAXJA Forum User
Tell me what you guys think. I, like many of you, dont like the idea of lights on the roof for fear of losing them to some overhead obstacle. But I love the way they look and their functionality. So, I took it upon myself to design (copy desert trucks) and fabricate (first welding project) my own light bar to protect those Hellas. Hope you guys like it. Its bulky but that was sort of the point.

jeep-lightbarangle.jpg

I like it. I came up with a design close to that using square tubing to blend in with my current rack, but I decided to forego the idea and kept it simple.

Good job.

Mac

Im an electrician so bending the conduit to make the main hoop and the guard "posts" was by far the easiest part of the whole thing. Im new to welding but it turned out better than I had imagined it would. I think it will be functional and look cool too!

Love it.

I'm bringing a printout to my welding class and saying, "I want to build one of THESE!"

Are those FRAM filters back there? :nono: Naughty Naughty...

I bought the filters when I first got the Jeep to do a tune and havent done it yet. Whats wrong with FRAM? If you look super close you can see that I notched the front main cross member, I will eventually be notching the back one to match. I have a 1990 XJ so mine has the metal rails, they are shallow but I got a hex head bolt and a square washer in there snug. Those crossmembers sit on small peices of that same channel turned upside down that I have bolted to the rails. I am going to paint the light bar tonight and hopefully mount it tomorrow after work. I will take some pictures when I get it up.

They had a large production plant here in Greenville, then shut it down and shipped all their production to Mexico and turned the plant up here into a warehouse. Since then their quality went to shit.

Oh, didnt know that. I will take that into account next time. I will probably use what I bought this time around but Im sure it wont be long before I change the oil again.

Back