• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do i remove the uper control arm bolt?

TwistedcaB

NAXJA Forum User
im instaling RC control arm drop brackets and im not sure how to remove the uper control arm bolt. it has the stop on the back side so that it doesnt move when ya tighten the nut so idk. probally something im over looking im way to tired haha

if your talking about the flag part of the bolt head hitting the hole in the unirail, just move the bolt around till it comes out, just dont lose it down the rail.

Axle side or frame side?

On the frame side, i took a small pry bar and removed the flag by popping it off so I could turn the bolt from the wheel well. On the axle end I couldnt pop those off so I had to clamp a vise grip to the head of the bolt and turn the nut off, 1/8 of a turn at a time, took forever!

I replaced the axle end bolt with a like size metric bolt. 8.8 grade.

Yeah, do NOT Lose it down the rail that would suck. Be very cautious with this part.

Wait, you removed the flag?

I did, they pop right off. My RE kit uses a larger bolt there so I didn't need the stock bolts anymore.

I did loose a 1/2" drive 3/4" socket down in the frame rail and I can't get it out, oh well.

I used a magnet when i did mine

I'm pretty sure that you're required to keep either a 15mm or a 17mm in the framerail when you install your lift. At least most people have them stored there. I know I do. :)

Mine is "stored" there as well, lol!

I just about dropped mine the other day while installing my DBs. What I found kinda odd is the MJ didn't have the flags like every XJ I've done :dunno: .

Back