• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE LCA drop brackets

NathanrW

NAXJA Forum User
I'm considering installing a set of the RE LCA drop brackets on my 98 xj with a RE 4.5 kit. I've driven it for a couple of years and I can't handle the way the LCAs reacts due to its steep angle anymore. Any input on this product, along with ideas on how to beef up the brackets (since more leverage is now added to the old brackets) would be appreciated.
Nathan

Nathan-
I emailed you, too.
The braces that are usually installed with the RE drop brackets strengthen the mounts by anchoring them to the unibody all the way back to the crossmember. It's really a stout system.

Nathan,

May I ask how your LCA's react with your current setup ?

I just ordered a RE 4.5 system and am considering installing the drop brackets ... does it make a significant difference in the ride quality ?

i liked them while I had them on my XJ. They were just temporary till I had time to do a long arm. I have some forsale, just don't have the instructions with me.

Nathan - FYI those Drop Brackets move the LCA and UCA down to more liveable levels. I drove a 5.5" RE Extreme-Duty on and offroad at Rubicon last month' I've got an RE 4.5" on my XJ and the ride was better on the 5.5" with the DBs. Like BIllR says, they're pretty stout with the reinforcing brackets.

EricT - drop me an email about your DBs...

Wow,
thanks everybody for the help. To answer the question on "how do they react". In slow, crawling stuff, no drop brackets are just fine. However, at any speed (on or off road) the jeep rides like the springs are to stiff. Of course, this is not due to the springs, but to the extreme angle of the LCA due to the 4.5" lift. This is what causes the abrupt impact on such things as rocks or potholes. The LCA simply doesn't have enough time to react. Also, I've heard of some people recieving bad bump steer do the the akward caster angle, but I don't have a problem with that. Anyway, thanks everybody for the help.
Nathan

Back