• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UpCountry Rear Axel?

FallibleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what axel SHOULD have came on a 97' cherokee with the up country package installed.

That year you'd have a Dana 35 if you have ABS, Chrysler 8.25" without. That Chrysler rear should have 29 spline axle shafts.

I don't know about the Up Country package features (like whether it was standard with/without ABS or if it was optional), if you want to know specifically.

yes it does have ABS. I figured the D35 was what it was, but I am not sure because of the up country package. I wasn't certain if that would effect which axel is used.

ABS= Turdy-five. if you dont mind eliminating the abs you can get a 29 spline 8.25 from a new model XJ.

yes it does have ABS. I figured the D35 was what it was, but I am not sure because of the up country package. I wasn't certain if that would effect which axel is used.

You will have to look. Chrysler made no point to offer a 8.25 versus a D35 based on "strength". The only time they did that was when they offered a D44. Same goes for the spline count.

Okay cool, thanks guys. I only ask because Im currently buying my lift kit finally haha. Getting a 3.5" RE Super-ride kit.

BTW,its an axle!

haha I was waiting for someone to say that. I knew I misspelled it in the title and first post after Firefox complained, but I was curious who would notice.

Back