• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

late model key fob questions

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
Will a key fob from a 2000 work in a 98? I know my 98 is wired to have a key fob, but I don't know if they changed the key fobs near the end of production.

-Alex

From a quick search online, it looks like the remotes are different from 98 to 00. I'm seeing one remote for 96-98, and a different one for 99-01.

Mark N

The best thing to do is get the proper part number for your Jeep and do a search on that. I got a pair for my 2000 for less than $20 on eBay for my 2000. I'm on vacation now, so I can't get the part # for you.

if you get the receiver out of the donor jeep... (if you are getting it used) the key that was meant for it will open the doors.

I just got an overhead console, I asked the guy if he had the keyfob fot the jeep so I could keep his receiver. He didnt, so I gotta swap mine out.

Just go on ebay, if you have an orioginal one then look at the numbers on the back and you can type that in the search function and it will pull up the keyfobs, thats how i found mine and most tell you what years they work with and the part number. I got mine for 12 bucks shipped for both.

Back