• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Renix "Titan Stroker"

rangervall

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, welcome to my mess!
I have been on NAXJA for a few years, but this will be my first post. Mostly I have just read your advice and fixed things on my own… It all work well until now.

89 XJ 24lbs injectors, 60 mm TB (Strokedjeep.com), cooler Champion truck plugs, new cap & rotor, new wires, new TPS (adjusted properly), new knock sensor, new CPS, new IAT, new O2 sensor, new MAP sensor, Turbo City ADJ MAP, and re-indexed the distributor all in the very famous TITAN 4.6 STROKER, well ok this is the second one from Titan the first one suffered from a detonated piston which they replaced free of charge (after I drove it down there and stood on there desk).

Here is the story; It ran great for 1800 miles, I deployed to Iraq for 15 months (it sat), then I put 400 miles on it. I used it to jump my riding lawn mower (the XJ died) and all the fun began. After hours of trying to get the XJ to start I took it to a local shop and they changed the fuel pump. It was still running rough so I started testing and throwing parts at it. I installed a CPS, TPS, and a knock sensor. Fuel pressure is good between 31-39psi, but with my map adjusted I’m still getting a little bucking and it will not stay at a constant idle. It feels like I’m losing power, I think its running rich due to the excess water and soot out the tailpipe. I can’t find a vacuum leak and the EGR valve is good. I guess it could be the coil but I’m not sure. The headlights also stay on if I turn off the ignition first.

Thanks!

the headlight thing is normal. if you turn the ignition off first then the headlight switch they will stay on for a minute or so. my '99 does the same thing and it is mentioned in the vehicle's manual.

Is it always blowing water out the back or just at startup? If only at start up and a little afterwards gthen that is normal condensation. If it always does it then that possibly a headgasket.

The headlight thing is normal. My '90, '93, and '00 do the same thing.

Back