• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Flexy Flares anyone???

Deadman 94 xj

NAXJA Forum User
Up here in PA you don't get very far with the tires sticking out and I need to remove the Bushwackers I have in the rear. I was wondering if anyone has tried out the crusty's flexy flares on say a 3.75BS 12.50 tire.

If so, how do they hold up to abuse? Pics would be great. Thanks.

From what I've seen on the web site, they seem to be "gummy", like they'd lose form or tear after a while.

96 2dr.

I moved here from Pa. Go Steelers!

I have their flares. They did tear a bit because I twisted them when I mounted them. Pretty durable though. I trimmed mine because they have a weird edge on the front and I wanted them flatter. I have nothing to compare them to but they do their job well. Sorry no pics.

I run them and compared to Bushwhacker flares they are so much better. I can vouch for durability. Many times I've been out and have rubbed trees and rocks and they are great because they just bend. and they pop right back out. I've had them through a winter and 2 summers and they are as good as new.

Pictures you asked.....
JPSPD017.jpg

JPSPD015.jpg

hmm... makes me interested in these as well. It looks like these would be easier to install then the bushwackers. My last jeep had those, they looked great but one did have a stress crack on it :(.

Here is how much it opened up my front fender wells:

100_1444.jpg

I have hit trees hard with them and I did pull a couple of the rivets through but you just drill another hole and put in another rivet and you are ready to go. They even flex down to about -40 degrees.

One tip if you get them, don't try to install them on a really hot day because they are really flexy when it is warm.

Here is what they look like on the Jeep:

100_0319.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Jeeps look good.
Arn't those the standard Rusty's flares? I was looking for the new flex flares.

Either way I'm sure they're much better than BW. I hate them and only put them on because I had them already from another jeep. The fronts have held up but the rears are shot.

I'd really like to get a set of these as well, but the price is holding me back. How well do they cover a 11.5" tire with a 4" BS wheel?

Bubba, any more pics that might be closer up or from the front/rear?

I'd really like to get a set of these as well, but the price is holding me back. How well do they cover a 11.5" tire with a 4" BS wheel?

Bubba, any more pics that might be closer up or from the front/rear?

Go get your own thread douche!!:twak: :D

I'm looking for input on the FLEX flares!

Last edited:
They look good!

Not sure if you knew this or not but when you asked for info on the flex flares not their "regular" flares I BELIEVE that the flares are the same, just a different flexier plastic is used on the flex flares.

I THINK I'm right on that anyway.

Mine are the flex flares. Here's the side with a 33x12.5x15 Tire on a rim with 3.75 Backspacing.

100_1446.jpg

Here is a close up of the front:

100_1445.jpg

Mine are now bolted on to the Jeep in the front and screwed on in the rear.

Go get your own thread douche!!:twak: :D

I'm looking for input on the FLEX flares!

Wow dude, chill out. The regular flares and flex flares look exactly the same, but are made of different material. When I said I wanted a set of these as well, I was talking to YOU and commenting on the FLEX flares also :explosion

Thanks bubba. My bad, I thought they were the standard flares. They look good.

Sunburned, just messin with you. Don't be so serious :gag:

I keep looking at these and the Bushwhackers. I'm really thinking flxy flares. Anybody else have them or any more reports from those that do.

Jeff, stop talking about the Bushwackers. Get the Rusty's flex flares if anything. At least they'll flex instead of just being a big block asking a tree or other obstacle to A) please crack me in half and shatter me or B) please toss me aside and pull those sheet metal screws out of the body panels leaving enlarged holes

My 2 cents..and I think the flex flares are cheaper overall, no?

Only reason I'm hanging onto my Bushwackers and got them in the first place is because another member on here who was fed up with them was gracious enough to give them away for free! (Thanks once again Bob!)

Otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten anything, or would have modified the stock flares to work with cut fenders. Or some other buschwa.

Back