• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ome or rc/re?

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
so im in the process of either piecing together a lift or buying a whole kit. i bought rc 3" coils/leaf packs and had the intentions of running them with a set of re monotubes, jks discos, rc adj trackbar, etc. so i been looking at the 3" ome kit as well and im having trouble trying to decide. its a dd 95, i bought a set of polished moabs and plan on running a nice set of 31" kumhos or bighorns on them. just need to decide which lift to run them with. help me decide guys... which kit and why? thanks for the help.

sorry for so many lift questions:eek:

if it's mainly street driven, get the 2" Medium load OME and 1 or 2" spacers to put it where you want, you'll get the best ride quality from them. IF you use it offroad pretty often go with the RE 3.5" or 4.5" depending on what you want, it won't be as nice on the road but offroad you'll appreciate the extra clearance.

I've run OME in both my yj and now my xj. If you can afford it and don't go bigger than 32's (on an xj) I say its definitely worth it. I suggest using a bb with it though. They flex surprisingly well for a smaller spring, but if you want alot of clearance than you may want to lean towards a taller lift. I love this lift but when I go up in tire size Im gonna have to change springs.

Im running the RC 3" lift with the full leaf packs, and I love it. If you already have it I would use it. I behaves nicely on the road(I never run a front sway bar And I see a lot of road time) and flexes great. RE is supposed to be very good to, but if you already have the RC you should use it.

I have been running the RC stuff for years. some of the other guys around were amazed at how much softer the ride is in my 88 than in thier rigs, but I must admit i have done some tweeking here and there on my suspension.

Back