• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exo almost done

robs

NAXJA Forum User
Driveway fab. Trailer Trash at it's best... Wanted an exo... keep it as close to the body as possible... 1-1/4" tube... 0.120" wall to keep weight down...

Main reason is I'm tired of being scared of trees and breaking glass...

JD bender... portable....

bender2.JPG

First tubes the worst... Over the rear wheel well...

xjexo2.JPG

Rear hoop... sides...

xjexo10.JPG

Replace all front lights cause I can't get them back out... ;)

xjexo11.JPG

Rear braces...

xjexo12.JPG

Windshield braces kinda sucked.. tough to get them right and tucked in...

xjexo15.jpg

Had to replace the headliner... that itself was job...

xjexo19.JPG

Used H1 armor plate to beef up the floor...

xjexo22.JPG

Internal brace... Pretty solid from 1 wheelin trip so far...

xjexo24.JPG

"B" pilar's in... Tied into pilars themselves... just gotta finish the roof braces...

potosi1.JPG

Nice work but the front bars will come back to haunt you when you need lights! Here is how one of our locals did his front bars.

P1010470.jpg

how did you cover the headliner ? Did you have to remove the pad from the headliner board to get your new material to stick? Great looking EXO I want one too.

Nice job. I like the way you did the rear braces.

Headliner totally sucked. Original one was falling down... when you pull it off, it's fiberglass under it.. wear gloves! Go slow... use LOTS of spray glue. At least 2 cans.

Headliner totally sucked. Original one was falling down... when you pull it off, it's fiberglass under it.. wear gloves! Go slow... use LOTS of spray glue. At least 2 cans.

do you have to scrap the old green colored foam off after you remove the old grey material

2 can? i used 3 and it still wasnt enough. i took a wire brush on my die-grinder to get it off . took about 30 mins

Looks good. I like how you kept the tube nice and tight to the Jeep. Thats what we where shooting for on mine.

the easiest way to get that nasty foam off is get a new toilet brush, snap off the head with about 3" of handle and chuck it up in a cordless drill

Back