• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bench seat??

I would never dream of it...what is your motivation for wanting a bench seat?

comanche bench could be adapted.

i'll admit, i'm less critical of a bench's shortcommings than i am of crappy bucket seats.

91Woody said:
what is your motivation for wanting a bench seat?

Well to be honest, it would be for the wife to sit next to me... or on those special long trips she can lay down on my lap too, if you know what I mean :kissyou::shiver:

AboveNBeyond said:
Well to be honest, it would be for the wife to sit next to me... or on those special long trips she can lay down on my lap too, if you know what I mean :kissyou::shiver:

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you train her right, consoles shouldnt get in the way

Just about all of the Comanche benchs seats I saw, the springs on the drivers side next to the door were shot. I swapped mine out with buckets for that exact reason.

AboveNBeyond said:

Just stay married a little longer, you'll go back to buckets.:tear:

AboveNBeyond said:

I like your way of thinking.. :D

Anywho... I tossed this idea around because I have a new baby and want to get rid of my back seat. Although, I don't think there'll be enough room for a baby car seat.

Post up what you find. I'm sure there are a few out there who want to do the same.

E

Elias said:
I like your way of thinking.. :D

Anywho... I tossed this idea around because I have a new baby and want to get rid of my back seat. Although, I don't think there'll be enough room for a baby car seat.

Post up what you find. I'm sure there are a few out there who want to do the same.

E

Just for the record, here's a summary of the CA child restraint laws. http://www.carseat.org/Legal/99_Enf.pdf

While technically legal if the rear seat is removed, I know someone who got a ticket for having a child seat in the front anyway. He was cited for deliberately removing safety equipment (the rear seat) and having the child seat in the front. It probably didn't help that he was being a dick and told the cop that he removed the seat for that purpose. He also lost the case in court with the female judge calling him a danger to his child.

lawsoncl said:
Just for the record, here's a summary of the CA child restraint laws. http://www.carseat.org/Legal/99_Enf.pdf

While technically legal if the rear seat is removed, I know someone who got a ticket for having a child seat in the front anyway. He was cited for deliberately removing safety equipment (the rear seat) and having the child seat in the front. It probably didn't help that he was being a dick and told the cop that he removed the seat for that purpose. He also lost the case in court with the female judge calling him a danger to his child.

WOW.. Thanks. I didn't know it was the law. I just thought it was because of the air bag up front. So much for that idea...

E

AboveNBeyond said:

OMG dude... wow, just wow... if that's not inspired then I don't know what is...

Id like a bench seat in the front if it was a good quality bench, no springs pressing through and stuff. Its easier to stretch out on long trips, get your lady closer to you and just makes it feel more like a truck I think.

That being said, it would never work for me lol. My gf likes her seat laying Way back and I like my seat more up right. Unless it was a split back then it would work out pretty well ha.

Edit~
I just remembered a friend said he and his brother plus a friend used to ride in a pickup together with a bench seat. My friend would always sit in the passenger seat and duck down. Everyone would see the two guys sitting right next to each other and get all kinds of looks....

lawsoncl said:

Would that make reg cab pickup owners a danger to their own kids too?

AboveNBeyond said:

Hey she can just show some ass to the car beside her and kneel in the seat over the console :D

I let my son sit up front because there's no air bag and I feel it's safer with a shoulder belt than a lap belt. He's 7.

And as far as a bench goes, I always enjoyed a bench seat, but they're just out of style. It also gives another seat. But, you'd have to convert to a column shifter.

bjoehandley said:
Would that make reg cab pickup owners a danger to their own kids too?

Didn't say that was my opinion, it was the judge who felt that a child in the front seat was more of a risk than the back (probably only a minor difference, but much more inconvienient for the parent). She took exception to the guy having ripped out the back seat for the sole purpose of skirting the law to have the kid up front.

Back