• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Control Arms

Like a turnbuckle?

Not sure.

I have seen ACA lock nuts loosen, and the arm remains the same length, just turns. Infact, some of the earlier low priced ACAs worked that way to add flex.

I suspect if you added another locknut and a turnbuckle to the equation, the arm may shorten, or even fall in two if the jam nuts came loose.

Just a left hand thread on one side and a right on the other with jam nuts to hold them in place. It would be much easier to adjust your caster if you didn't have to take them off to adjust them. I would just want the uppers to be that way and leave the lowers adjustable on one end.

IIRC, the Nth Degree arms were like that....

Might wanna see if AEV has made them yet....

I'm in the process of making myself upper and lower control arms using Johnny Joints on the one end and OE rubber bushes on the other end (the uppers with the bush on the axle of course). Regarding the adjutment of the the uppers to adjust in the same way as a tie rod - I was thinking the very same thing. Would make adjustment so much easier and would also allow for very fine ajustment rather than relying on the next closest half turn adjustment otherwise.

Back