• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Balistic Fab Steering

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at the Balistic Fab steering kit, and I have 2 questions.
Which kit would be the best for my d30?
Do I need to do any other mods to make this work, such as raise the trac bar.
My swaybar, and links are gone, the rest is 91 4.5" rk lift, with ltb 34"s. I have a 1" drop pitman arm but it is currently sitting in my garage because it makes my bump steer bad.
Ive read several other threads about the Balistic kit but I am confused which one I need.
Thanx Cardboard

:dunno:

I know their stuff looks pretty awesome - but its your call whether you get the 7/8" or the 3/4" setup - I'd definitely get the high misalignment spacers. Trackbar will depend on your draglink angle....

3/4 is like having 1 ton steering strength
7/8 is like stock size ball joints.
I run the 3/4.
As far as the track bar it's not necessary to raise it you can keep it where it's at. Mine is still in stock location. You see it relocated when you see the OTK steering set ups to clear the axle out for clearance issues as well as going with straight bar conversions for those higher lifts (6"+) and being at 4" not something you would need to worry about. But a good track bar upgrade would be good, if you just have a ol' cheapo on there now.

How does that work? Since 7/8 is bigger than 3/4...?

They're about the same price. 3/4 is $299 (fully welded) and 7/8 is $330. Its just a matter of preference - TREs or Heim joints....

I am leaning towards 3/4 with mis alignment spacers for $239. I dont need it welded. I know someone here town who I can probably get to weld this up.

I have it in my garage right now, I'll cut it up and weld it next week. I have the Chevy TRE's with it since it will be going in my D44.

I don't have any experience with it yet, other than it looks pretty good.

Back