• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wild Country RVT

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Anyone tried them? Made by cooper for VIP under the multimile name I think it is? Was shopping for BFG Muds in 33x12.50R15, ~$200. I can get these tires for ~$145...

l_Wild_Country_RVT_FW.jpg
mud-terrain-t-a-km.jpg

Googling shows good reviews. Seem to have a decent warranty. Same tread depth as a BFG, and same tread idea if not same pattern. They look better than the pic when wider.

Last edited:
I have them on mine and I love them. I think they are very comparable to my old bfgs and my yokohamas. I would definitely buy them again. Great tire for the price.

i've never driven on the wild country's but have never heard anything bad about them. i worked at vip for a while installing tires and they seemed pretty good.
also, have you looked at the mastercraft courser mts. got them on my xj and they are almost identical to the bfgs. i haven't had them for to long, so i cant say for the long run, but i have hit the trails a few times with them and have had no problems. they also have very good road manners too.

gottwins? said:
I have them on mine and I love them. I think they are very comparable to my old bfgs and my yokohamas. I would definitely buy them again. Great tire for the price.

How are the road manners? Im looking for something almost as good as a BFG AT on the street, but better than the AT in the mud. The RVT looks like that compromise. Very similar to the mastercrafts and kumhos, and probably a similar price. But these are available locally, instead of having to worry about shipping...

I had the RVT's on mine and they have alot of body roll on the road. Theyre ok, o nthe raod, but they should work great off road.

I used to have those in 33x12.50 on my old toyota. Really liked them, had over 60K on them when I replaced them and they were still not shot by any means.

I have em. I haven't really wheeled them, but they did work well in the snow, even without airing down. They hooked pretty dang good in the light mud use they have seen. Not too loud on the highway either. I'm happy, especially since I bought mine for $300 for the set. Lightly used.

32x11.50x15
100_0629.jpg

Last edited:
Have you had them next to a 33x12.50? Im replacing 32" swampers, which measure like 32.25". And since most 33" tires are really like 32.75", I planned on going with the 33. Im more worried about the width.

The XJ they are going on, ~4.5" of lift. I could trim the front slightly more, but not the rear without cutting and folding. And tweak the bumpstopping, of course. Think 33x12.50s will fit? Or would the 32x11.5s be a better choice? 29 spline 8.25, stock gears until next year maybe. So no matter what I put on, gonna suck to drive gearing-wise.

P1010996.jpg

P1010994.jpg

Screw it, 33x12.5 it is. I just checked, I think they weigh 52 pounds each. Same weight as the swampers Im taking off, but in a bigger tire. Good enough for me, as long as they roll along and balance better then I come out ahead. May have to get some lawn edging to extend my flares out ~1", but I can handle that.

Well this is what I came home with, more pics will be found in the picture forum after the rain stops and I can finish putting them on...

P1020029.jpg

FWIW, I wish I had 33's instead of 32's. My 32's measure out more like 31's. I think you did the right thing. I have a RC 4.5" lift, and my 32's don't rub unless the sway bars are disco'd.

Back