• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I grease this U joint?

sheeks175

NAXJA Forum User
002.jpg

This is from Alloy USA for a dana 30. A regular grease gun won't grease these zerks. How do I grease it??? Thanks in advance!

You can either get a small grease gun with that specific fitting on it, or get a fitting that fits that kind of grease zerk and get it done that way.

Or you could remove that grease zerk, insert a regular zerk (with the same threads of course) and grease it that way. Then replace it with the one that's on there because it would probably have some clearance issues.

mjma said:
Or you could remove that grease zerk, insert a regular zerk (with the same threads of course) and grease it that way. Then replace it with the one that's on there because it would probably have some clearance issues.
That's the correct procedure. That "zerk" is just a plug to hold the grease in.

The pics alittle blurring but appears you need a needle fitting. You should be able to get one a Napa. Its about 2 inches long and screws in to your hose like a reg zerk. Just ask a compentent parts guy.

Thats what it looks like to me as well. That spot in the middle should be a little ball thats spring loaded. It should push in with the use of a needle fitting for your grease gun.

razdrvr said:
That's the correct procedure. That "zerk" is just a plug to hold the grease in.

Negative Ghost Rider......

That's a needle fitting. Ray nailed it. He needs one of these:

ds-24.jpg

They come in different lengths. Mine isn't near as long as this one. I just googled a pic for reference.

Back